• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Veteran discount at Home Depot

I lost my 214 form years ago don’t know how to get it replaced . I took a picture of my honorable discharge keep it own my phone. Home Depot wouldn’t honor that Yet sometimes have been that store and cashier just ask if was a vet I say yes and get discount. Go figure

I can only imagine what you're like at an iHop

giphy.gif

I lost my 214 form years ago don’t know how to get it replaced . I took a picture of my honorable discharge keep it own my phone. Home Depot wouldn’t honor that Yet sometimes have been that store and cashier just ask if was a vet I say yes and get discount. Go figure
If you served before 1974 it's a crapshoot on whether or not your records are available. There was a fire at the archives that destroyed a lot of the records. This was before digital storage and all information was printed.
Pretty much everything alphabetically after the letter H was lost.
If your service was more recent than that information is readily available.
Basically my entire family's military history was wiped out.

I have no issue asking anymore, the way prices are. They are all over priced anyways and half the time the stuff I buy isn't "qualified" for the discount.

These are multi billon dollar companies...I'll take the discount if it's available. They ain't going to hurt from it but I still feel it in my wallet.

If you served before 1974 it's a crapshoot on whether or not your records are available. There was a fire at the archives that destroyed a lot of the records. This was before digital storage and all information was printed.
Pretty much everything alphabetically after the letter H was lost.
If your service was more recent than that information is readily available.
Thanks info I was their 76 -78

I didn't serve for 10%, if they offer it to me, I'll take it, I've been asked for my ID and I show them my Retired Military Card and my VA 100% card and thank them, but I've never asked for a Discount.
My sentiments exactly. In fact when someone thanks me for my service I reply thanks for letting me serve. I would have went to jail otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom