• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Veteran Jobs in Cowetta/Heard

Stay Frosty

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
30   0
Reaction score
Hey yall, I'm an Air Force Veteran of 8 years and am currently serving in the Alaskan Air National Guard. I have an Honarbale discharge and currently hold a TS/SCI clearance. I was a Munitions Systems crew chief for 8 years, and worked around the clock to provide munitions for any last minute deadline the Aircrew would throw our way. That being said, I swear it's hard to find any sort of job worth a damn these days. I'm not here to toot my own horn, just to ask if any fellow vets or people who truly understand the military know of anyone hiring or of any groups that may help me find a job. I know every one is hiring, but im trying to find a job that's actualy fulfilling Most positions I've applied for I don't hear back from. I've sent my resume to be looked over several times and have used feedback to improve it. I think the biggest issue is trying to explain military terms and responsibilities to a civilian counterpart without the military verbage. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. My doctor is recommending I quit my current job due to back issues. If you've made it this far into my post and have any insight, please keep that in mind. Thank you, and God bless.

Hey yall, I'm an Air Force Veteran of 8 years and am currently serving in the Alaskan Air National Guard. I have an Honarbale discharge and currently hold a TS/SCI clearance. I was a Munitions Systems crew chief for 8 years, and worked around the clock to provide munitions for any last minute deadline the Aircrew would throw our way. That being said, I swear it's hard to find any sort of job worth a damn these days. I'm not here to toot my own horn, just to ask if any fellow vets or people who truly understand the military know of anyone hiring or of any groups that may help me find a job. I know every one is hiring, but im trying to find a job that's actualy fulfilling Most positions I've applied for I don't hear back from. I've sent my resume to be looked over several times and have used feedback to improve it. I think the biggest issue is trying to explain military terms and responsibilities to a civilian counterpart without the military verbage. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. My doctor is recommending I quit my current job due to back issues. If you've made it this far into my post and have any insight, please keep that in mind. Thank you, and God bless.

Have you looked at clearance jobs or USA jobs? That TS will get you a job for a contractor or the gubment. Might have to commute a bit from where you are.

If your back problems were caused by your time in service, I would also talk to a VA advocate about getting evaluated for disability pay..Good luck in your job search and thanks for your service to our country!

I've checked there pretty regularly, most positions require a BA or years of military experience in certain fields. I appreciate the suggestion though, I'll definitely keep an eye out.

If your back problems were caused by your time in service, I would also talk to a VA advocate about getting evaluated for disability pay..Good luck in your job search and thanks for your service to our country!

I'm worried that going to the VA may jeopardize my ANG position in Alaska. I unfortunately cannot afford to move there, but after a year of OJT I may qualify for an AGR position which would include PCS entitlements and pay for my move up there. It's a long shot, but the more options I have the better.

I'm worried that going to the VA may jeopardize my ANG position in Alaska. I unfortunately cannot afford to move there, but after a year of OJT I may qualify for an AGR position which would include PCS entitlements and pay for my move up there. It's a long shot, but the more options I have the better.
I understand, best of Luck!

If agr is your goal then you should wait to do the VA stuff.

Back
Top Bottom