• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Veteran or Combat Veterans Icon under their AVATAR..

How is the prior or current service confirmed on the other sites?

Not to say anyone would do it here, but there is a lot of stolen valor and exploitive people in this world.

Is supporter anonymous?
Are you being serious?

How could it not be anonymous? If you don't tell anyone that you served, how would OS know to put the badge under your Avatar? He is omniscient and all powerful but dang, even he has limitations. Maybe he has access to all our service records, I don't know. I think it's a "don't ask, don't tell" thing. If you don't want a veteran's badge under your avatar, don't ask for one. Seems deceptively simple to me.

How is the prior or current service confirmed on the other sites?

Not to say anyone would do it here, but there is a lot of stolen valor and exploitive people in this world.
I was sent a pm by the Mod and was asked if I would answer some questions to verify duty. What branch, when I served, and where I served. I also receive a discount at Brownells and others..

I thought it was thoughtful and like the idea of reaching out to Brothers that were In Country...I also welcome them home and thank them for serving..

Are you being serious?

How could it not be anonymous? If you don't tell anyone that you served, how would OS know to put the badge under your Avatar? He is omniscient and all powerful but dang, even he has limitations. Maybe he has access to all our service records, I don't know. I think it's a "don't ask, don't tell" thing. If you don't want a veteran's badge under your avatar, don't ask for one. Seems deceptively simple to me.
I'm probably over thinking things but I take my anonymity pretty serious, (not today ISIS)...

Back
Top Bottom