• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Veterinarian malpractice lawyers?

No2sc2

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
37   1
Reaction score
anyone on here that specialize in that part? We have some questions to ask and possibly a claim.

Not an atty, but I can tell you this: Courts have held that damages are limited to the ordinary dollar value of the dog, not pain and suffering/campanionship and all that other bull**** we see in medical malpractice suits.

Well that’s reassuring. I know court categorize pets as piece of property. Then why would any lawyers even practice in that area then? Only reason why I’m looking is our vet we been going to for 4 years, is now saying my dog had a pre existing condition but her records shows she was healthy in the pass 4 years. Even a month ago, her physical examine was good and she gets a little infection 2 days ago and dies in their care within an hour of me leaving her there?

I don't know about vet malpractice, but a threshold requirement in any medical malpractice case is having a licensed doctor review the case and agree that the evidence points to negligence on the part of the other doctor. We commoners, we laypeople, aren't allowed to sue a doctor unless another doctor approves.

A good start would be to gather as much information as you can, including all medical records and bills related to treatment, and get another vet to review them.

I don't know about vet malpractice, but a threshold requirement in any medical malpractice case is having a licensed doctor review the case and agree that the evidence points to negligence on the part of the other doctor. We commoners, we laypeople, aren't allowed to sue a doctor unless another doctor approves.

A good start would be to gather as much information as you can, including all medical records and bills related to treatment, and get another vet to review them.

I got her medical history record and she’s only been going to them ever since we moved here. The funny thing is.... no blood work done or anything according to the invoice that was billed to me after her death but they determined she had Pymotra. Only thing they did was XRays. I think it’s cause my wife called and said she “googled” her symptoms and it looked like pymotra, so they went along with that. Isn’t that malpractice? What does google know?

That’s like saying I go to doctor and tell them I have bronchitis and they automatically prescribe me antibiotics and cough medicine without actually testing me if I actually have bronchitis, since giving wrong medication could be fatal and I believe that’s what this vet did. She gave an IV medication to her and either too much or wrong medication for different infection and it killed her cause there no way the IV medication made her feel 80% better and walking drinking water to falling over on its side dead instantly with blink of an eye according to her description of what happened when she was in her care.

Man he must have hella money to shoot those commercials. But I think they starting to catch on. I hadn’t seen anymore new commercials.
My moms friend babysat for them. She made obscene amounts of money and they took her on lavish vacations. They make bank considering the babysitter made more than someone with a masters degree lol

Back
Top Bottom