Votes: 4 12.9%
  • American Legion

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • both

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • taco

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters
VFW is for the veterans of FOREIGN wars. American Legion and Amvets is for any veteran. They are all good. There is also DAV, of which I`m not familiar.
Legion is open to war time vets but that will change shortly when they do open to all vets which quite literally will take an act of Congress.

I don't understand your answer, but it doesn't matter. I've been in Legion(40/8), VFW, maybe Amvets, don't remember. I dropped them all when I quit the alcohol. I'm going to get back in one of them. Haven't decided which. I would like to have a military funeral(not right now) with an honor guard. Military honor are booked way ahead, I'm told. A group of old vets is fine with me.

I don't understand your answer, but it doesn't matter. I've been in Legion(40/8), VFW, maybe Amvets, don't remember. I dropped them all when I quit the alcohol. I'm going to get back in one of them. Haven't decided which. I would like to have a military funeral(not right now) with an honor guard. Military honor are booked way ahead, I'm told. A group of old vets is fine with me.
The Legion was and is the only veterans organization created by Congressional charter and as such any amendments or changes to the charter must be approved by Congress.
Seeing as we have more or less been in a constant state of war either hot or cold since the 1940's there are only a few years that didn't meet the criteria anyway.
It's an effort to be more inclusive and also to jack up a sagging and aging membership.

Back
Top Bottom