• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

(video) Schooling Action on Lake Lanier

Good for you, I know that's a blast!
I was fishing six mile a couple of times when the water was boiling with Striped Bass.
Huge fishing jumping and slamming into the water made it so exciting I could barely tie on a different lure, lol.

I remember one guy screaming almost in fear from another boat, "THEY'RE EVERYWHERE", he kept screaming.
Was pretty funny. :becky:

Be mid summer before I get my 1542,when I lived on Lanier we caught a lot on top,cant wait to get back in it.Chrome spook was the go to bait,had one all the chrome was gnawed off.Good times with my son fishing.

Be mid summer before I get my 1542,when I lived on Lanier we caught a lot on top,cant wait to get back in it.Chrome spook was the go to bait,had one all the chrome was gnawed off.Good times with my son fishing.

Top water action is the best, every crash of the water and scream of the reel is an adrenaline rush!
I sold the bass boat and even the Jon boat, so I have nothing to fish out of.
Hopefully there's a kayak in my future...

This thread reminded me of a story! :becky:

It's winter time on Lanier, I've got a cold, it's cold and windy and my nose is just a running.
I've wiped it so often it's now sore, so I get a bright idea and roll up a paper towel and stick it in the offending nostril.
A few minutes go by and the reel screams, I've got a big one running from a down line!
I finally get him into the boat and I'm shaking because of the adrenaline so I reach for a cigarette.
I light it up and take a good long drag, exhale and don't see any smoke?
So I look down at it to see if it's cracked and the piece of paper towel I have in my nose is on fire!!!
I lit it instead of the cigarette!!

I couldn't get that thing out of my nose fast enough.
It had burned so close to my nose I had to wet my fingers just to pull it out.
Luckily no one was around, lol. :becky:

Top water action is the best, every crash of the water and scream of the reel is an adrenaline rush!
I sold the bass boat and even the Jon boat, so I have nothing to fish out of.
Hopefully there's a kayak in my future...

I miss my center Console and Striper fishing..Loved watching the wake from the Monster closing in on my Gizzard shad. Mounted the biggest one, over the fire place..Miss those days!

I miss my center Console and Striper fishing..Loved watching the wake from the Monster closing in on my Gizzard shad. Mounted the biggest one, over the fire place..Miss those days!
How big was the biggest?
I was trying for a 35 pounder, said if I got one I'd mount it, but best I ever did was a couple 22's....

Back
Top Bottom