• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vienna Sausage

Not a lot of folks know what that is anymore. Worked at a meat market in 1975, breakfast every morning there. Usually powdered donuts, coffee and souse meat from the DL Lee packing Co.
Saw souse at the local W/D just yesterday, 2.99/pkg. Grandfather used to love it, just looking turns my stomach.

Saw souse at the local W/D just yesterday, 2.99/pkg. Grandfather used to love it, just looking turns my stomach.
Acquired taste. Haven’t had it in years. Basically everything left over from a butchered pig and thrown together. Then I forgot to mention has anybody ever ate hog brains and eggs?

Acquired taste. Haven’t had it in years. Basically everything left over from a butchered pig and thrown together. Then I forgot to mention has anybody ever ate hog brains and eggs?
My whole family (less me) used to eat that. Plus tripe, and kidneys. Eccchh
Guess it was a break from the endless mullet and clams. At least if I went hungry it was my choice.

I never acquired a taste for them, though I occasionally buy a can for my dog as a treat. He is buck wild over them. I do like the canned deviled ham over saltines.
That is good also, but perhaps my favorite junk meat breakfast is a fried Spam single with spicy mustard on white toast.

Back
Top Bottom