• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vietnam Korean War knife?

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
310   0
Reaction score
Found this in a deseased family member's personal effects. He was a Vietnam Korean war vet. Is it authentic and if so, what year vintage
20170330_180618.jpg
20170330_180623.jpg
?

It is an air crew survival knife, yes we did have them in Vietnam and they are still issued today.
The makers mark will be on the blade at the hand guard...and the newer models the mfg date will be stamped on the pommel (end cap)
Mine is a Camillus 64-66 but has no mfg date stamped on it, I'm going by the time period I got it..don't think they dated them back then.
The current issues are made by Ontario or Imperial.

It is an air crew survival knife, yes we did have them in Vietnam and they are still issued today.
The makers mark will be on the blade at the hand guard...and the newer models the mfg will be stamped on the pommel (end cap)
Mine is a Camillus 64-66 but has no mfg date stamped on it, I'm going by the time period I got it..don't think they dated them back then.
The current issues are made by Ontario or Imperial.
I was gonna guess Air Force issue. And if Ontario made them they're pretty decent quality.

They are actually issued by all the Armed Services ...and they are doggone good knives and will last a lifetime with a little tlc.
I'm sure you're right. I'm just used to seeing them referred to as Air Force pilot's knives. There is a new version of them available at most Walmart stores but who knows what company made it or what the quality would be.

I'm sure you're right. I'm just used to seeing them referred to as Air Force pilot's knives. There is a new version of them available at most Walmart stores but who knows what company made it or what the quality would be.
it will most likely be made in Chindia, not that they are not capable of creating some of the finest blades ever, but not for us rabble.

Cleaned up the knife, found the sheath (torn in half) and the sharpening stone. It is a Camillus 2-1978 Military Pilot Combat knife.

Back
Top Bottom