• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vinyl wrap questions

drewga11

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
66   0
Reaction score
Been trying to figure ways to cover up all the chrome on my truck. Thinking about having the bumper end caps and grill surround vinyl wrapped. However, I dont know much about it and was hoping someone around here has some insight or experience with it.

First question would be durability, I tried plastidip already and a giant bug tore a big hole in it. So I'm wondering if vinyl wrap is durable enough to withstand bugs and other road debris impacts?

Second question, I know there are different brands of vinyl, is there a brand that better than the others or are they all pretty much the same in terms of quality.

Last question is whether anyone here does vinyl wrap on vehicles or has recommendations for a place that does. I already have a rough idea of cost to wrap the parts I want wrapped, just no idea where to get it done.

3M vinyl is the way to go. (Make sure it is a 3M authorized shop and not just someone using 3M vinyl). I think the warranty is 3 or 4 years.

Call Chris at inkfish graphics in Dalton. He was a founding member here and designed many of the ODT logos. He does top notch vinyl work and knows more about it than anyone I know.

Back
Top Bottom