• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Visit to Skyjacker Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does a muzzle attachment that isn't permanently attached count towards OAL? Does a piece of string tied to the charging handle count towards OAL? Of course not, because these items are not part of the firearm but rather items temporarily attached to the firearm, much like the sig brace. Common sense says it doesn't count towards OAL.

Nothing that is not permanently attached to the firearm is counted in OAL EXCEPT for a stock on a SBR.

way off. Common sense isn't involved here.

Theres conflicting letters on muzzle devices it seems, so I removed that

Just like a stock which can be removed with the pull of the switch.

way off. Common sense isn't involved here.

Theres conflicting letters on muzzle devices it seems, so I removed that

Just like a stock which can be removed with the pull of the switch.

As I said, name a device that does not permanently attach to a firearm that counts towards OAL except for a stock on a SBR or rifle.

By the logic that a sig brace is counted towards OAL then a piece of string taped to the buffer tube does as well, especially since the piece of string is actually attached to the gun unlike the sig brace. Does a sling count towards OAL? It's more mechanically attached than a sig brace.

The whole thing is stupid anyway. If you want a VFG on your short barrel, get a SBR.

Last edited:
As I said, name a device that does not permanently attach to a firearm that counts towards OAL except for a stock on a SBR or rifle.

By the logic that a sig brace is counted towards OAL then a piece of string taped to the buffer tube does as well, especially since the piece of string is actually attached to the gun unlike the sig brace. Does a sling count towards OAL? It's more mechanically attached than a sig brace.

The whole thing is stupid anyway. If you want a VFG on your short barrel, get a SBR.

A. Verticals fore penises suck

B. if you exclude stocks then how does common sense fall into this at all?

The general rule once was that which requires a tool to remove, now in the days of modern firearms it's blurry at best.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom