• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Visit to Skyjacker Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for all you AR builders. I have seen lowers that have custom serial numbers on them and have asked around for a company that does this and Skyjacker was suggested, but I am not sure that's the route I want to go.

This will be a gift for my oldest son who is graduating high school next year and I want to get him something different and special.

Any suggestions mtdawg169 mtdawg169 , rOmiLaYu rOmiLaYu , Nonliberal Nonliberal or anyone else?
Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure where you'd go for this one. You'd have to get it while someone was making a run of lowers and well, Trump won.

I have a question for all you AR builders. I have seen lowers that have custom serial numbers on them and have asked around for a company that does this and Skyjacker was suggested, but I am not sure that's the route I want to go.

This will be a gift for my oldest son who is graduating high school next year and I want to get him something different and special.

Any suggestions mtdawg169 mtdawg169 , rOmiLaYu rOmiLaYu , Nonliberal Nonliberal or anyone else?
Thanks for your help.
In this market, looking for someone willing to do a one-off serial number is going to be tough. Honestly, a place like Shilljacker may be your best bet. Their volume is low and they are probably more predisposed to doing something like that given their business model. Having said that, I would find another option. To quote the illustrious Ron White, I'd rather sandpaper the butthole of an alligator locked in a phone booth, than give SJD one penny of my money.

http://www.yorkarms.com/receiver.html

Just a quick google search turned theseguys ^ up. Pricey for sure, but tons of "custom" options for the engraving...seems like you could really get what you want over and above a serial number. No idea of the quality, though.

In this market, looking for someone willing to do a one-off serial number is going to be tough. Honestly, a place like Shilljacker may be your best bet. Their volume is low and they are probably more predisposed to doing something like that given their business model. Having said that, I would find another option. To quote the illustrious Ron White, I'd rather sandpaper the butthole of an alligator locked in a phone booth, than give SJD one penny of my money.

http://www.yorkarms.com/receiver.html

Just a quick google search turned theseguys ^ up. Pricey for sure, but tons of "custom" options for the engraving...seems like you could really get what you want over and above a serial number. No idea of the quality, though.
Is SJD still in business?

I'm honestly shocked that they have survived. They must be working the gun show circuit pretty hard.
Yup. I have a friend who travels a lot around the state and he says they are at every show he's ever been to here in Georgia. They were at SHOT this year, too. I can't believe they are still around, either.

Yup. I have a friend who travels a lot around the state and he says they are at every show he's ever been to here in Georgia. They were at SHOT this year, too. I can't believe they are still around, either.
What possible reason could they have for going to SHOT? That would be like trying to sell ice to Eskimos. Except that your ice is dirty and unfiltered, compared to the 500 other ice salesmen standing in line behind you.

What possible reason could they have for going to SHOT? That would be like trying to sell ice to Eskimos. Except that your ice is dirty and unfiltered, compared to the 500 other ice salesmen standing in line behind you.
Agreed...But they were there. Notice that he calls the billet receiver a "milled" receiver. :doh:

And I also love how he admits to capitalizing on the Sandy Hook panic and jumping in the band wagon. And lastly, I love that his son-in-law "designed" the receiver set. Not sure how Stoner would feel about that claim...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom