• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Visiting English astrophysicist dies from random "stray" bullet. 20 minute wait for ambulance?

GodBlessTheUSA

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
I brought down the Iron Curtain
154   0
Reaction score

“I held him for another 20 minutes while we waited for the ambulance,” she said. “And while we were waiting, there were more gunshots fired.”

"“He was supposed to be here for three months because we’ve been long distance for a while,” Katherine Shepard, his girlfriend of three years, told WSB-TV. “I picked him up from the airport, took him to his favorite eating location, and the next day, he’s gone.”

"Shepard, whose apartment is in the Atlanta suburb of Brookhaven, who told the television station that the couple woke up on Jan. 16 to the sound of more than 30 gunshots coming from an apartment complex directly behind Shepard’s. A bullet traveled through Shepard’s wall, hitting Willson, she said."

To give the police their due: "Police were in the vicinity pursuing reports of gunfire when the 911 call from Shepard came in. Sgt. Jake Kissel of the Brookhaven criminal investigations division said that once officers arrived at the scene, they rendered aid until paramedics arrived."

Kudos for the police for showing up and rendering first aid. But 20 minutes for an ambulance? In Atlanta?

Praying for the girlfriend and the fella's family.

Very sad, wonder what caliber it was. Why I'm not a fan of rifle calibers for home defense if you have neighbors.

The news version I saw did not say that the shooter was inside the other apartment complex, but that the bullet traveled thru some woods between the complexes [without hitting any trees/objects], into the wall of the building, into the bedroom and then struck the guy in the head in the bed. If that is accurate, it was his time to depart this world. Sad situation. Thanks.

Very sad, wonder what caliber it was. Why I'm not a fan of rifle calibers for home defense if you have neighbors.

Watch the youtube video of the 9mm going through something like 24 layers of sheetrock.

ALL calibers go through walls. All of them. Even the .22lr goes through sheetrock with enough force to kill on the other side.

Back
Top Bottom