• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Visiting English astrophysicist dies from random "stray" bullet. 20 minute wait for ambulance?

While unfortunate for this kid, I get a kick out of ITP'ers thinking an address location keeps them safe from all the **** happening directly around them.

This is a sad situation on the face of it, and I don't want to make any prejudgements based on a limited amount of information, but something seems odd. From the news report we have the following:

"But just three days after he arrived in the US, the astrophysicist was shot in what has been described a "random act" involving the "reckless discharge of firearms".

He died after a bullet pierced the wall of a neighbouring block of flats in Brookhaven, a city in the suburbs of northeast Atlanta, on 16 January, authorities said.

Ms Shepard, who had been dating Mr Willson for three years, recalled the moments leading up to the tragedy which claimed his life. "I picked him up from the airport, took him to his favourite eating location, and the next day, he's gone." (this doesn't sound like 3 days).

Based on the spelling of "neighbouring" and "favourite" I am guessing this was a British reporter (and apparently not a very good one at that) not in possession of all the details, but I would like to see additional information such as caliber of bullet, where in the building was he when shot (relative to the bullet's entry), where did the bullet strike the victim etc. etc.

Hard to imagine the odds of a random bullet "coming through some trees" as reported, penetrating a building and still have enough velocity/mass to be fatal on impact. Hopefully more details will be forthcoming.

This is a sad situation on the face of it, and I don't want to make any prejudgements based on a limited amount of information, but something seems odd. From the news report we have the following:

"But just three days after he arrived in the US, the astrophysicist was shot in what has been described a "random act" involving the "reckless discharge of firearms".

He died after a bullet pierced the wall of a neighbouring block of flats in Brookhaven, a city in the suburbs of northeast Atlanta, on 16 January, authorities said.

Ms Shepard, who had been dating Mr Willson for three years, recalled the moments leading up to the tragedy which claimed his life. "I picked him up from the airport, took him to his favourite eating location, and the next day, he's gone." (this doesn't sound like 3 days).

Based on the spelling of "neighbouring" and "favourite" I am guessing this was a British reporter (and apparently not a very good one at that) not in possession of all the details, but I would like to see additional information such as caliber of bullet, where in the building was he when shot (relative to the bullet's entry), where did the bullet strike the victim etc. etc.

Hard to imagine the odds of a random bullet "coming through some trees" as reported, penetrating a building and still have enough velocity/mass to be fatal on impact. Hopefully more details will be forthcoming.
You’re overthinking it.
Just another random death of someone whose number has come up.

Back
Top Bottom