• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vortex Scope

Zforzachariah14

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
5   0
Reaction score
So who has one and what are your thoughts? Cabela's is running a good deal on the 3.5x10x50 Vortex Diamondback for $149. Thought about trying on out to put on my wife's gun. Are they as clear as Leupold and hold as far as not getting knocked off easy?

Thanks!

Buy it now at that price. Bulletproof warranty. Dropped a 2x7 Diamondback last year. Sent it in. Replaced no questions asked. I have 3 Vortex scopes. In the price range for each model they are a value.

The glass in my 2-7 Diamonback is comparable with VX2 Leopold glass. The adjustment are rock solid and are accurate. I have 2 Crossfire II 2-7×32 scopes. One a rim fire the other a standard. The glass is a shade below Nikon Prostaff but better than Bushnell Tropy glass. Adjustments again rick solid and accurate. If I buy a new scope for a hunting gun Vortex is what I buy.

I've gone completely to Vortex myself. I have Leupold and Nightforce scopes on rifles currently and have used Burris and Zeiss in the past. Burris makes a good scout scope but I've started using Vortex for almost everything from .22s in the $225 range to FFP Viper PST in the $850 range on .308s. Unless you get government budgets for optics, Vortex is hard to beat.

So who has one and what are your thoughts? Cabela's is running a good deal on the 3.5x10x50 Vortex Diamondback for $149. Thought about trying on out to put on my wife's gun. Are they as clear as Leupold and hold as far as not getting knocked off easy?

Thanks!
You can not compare a $150 scope with any of the Leupolds You get what you pay for. During bright day light I am sure it is fine, before dark it will not compare.

You can not compare a $150 scope with any of the Leupolds You get what you pay for. During bright day light I am sure it is fine, before dark it will not compare.

That is a sale price. It usually a $200 + Optic.
It compares favorably with the same price range Leupold.

Back
Top Bottom