• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6 starting to hit the street

Jack O A T

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
10   0
Reaction score
I just checked SWFA and their website says they have started to receive shipments. Optics Planet now has an expected ship date of 1-2 weeks instead of 5-7 weeks or 4 months.

So, is anyone else waiting on one to ship?

Just got an update from Optics Planet. Vortex has moved the expected date to the end of the month...

...and I found out that Shots Fired in Covington got a DOZEN of them in on the first release and took about 2 weeks to sell them all. Uggh.

I wouldn't buy it just on principle, because of the name.
"Strike Eagle" is the model / name of a scope??? C'mon, that's lame. It screams "I'm a big boys' toy for fat middle aged armchair commandos."

I'm not saying that's what the scope IS, or how YOU would use it. But the idea behind that name, as the company obviously intended it in their marketing plan, is rather unflattering in my opinion.

"Strike Eagle" is the model / name of a scope??? C'mon, that's lame. It screams "I'm a big boys' toy for fat middle aged armchair commandos."

I'm not saying that's what the scope IS, or how YOU would use it. But the idea behind that name, as the company obviously intended it in their marketing plan, is rather unflattering in my opinion.
So they shoulda went with Strike cockatoo or strike pigeon?

I'm also not a fan of the name, but all of Vortex's' optics have those names; Crossfire, Diamondback, Razor, Viper, etc.
I wouldn't let the name stop me from buying a decent optic though. Then again, I don't wear football jerseys with someone else's name on the back either. I'm an adult.

Call it the "Eagle." Or call it the "Strike." But not both.
If there is more than one variation, give it a number or numeral to differentiate.
"Eagle 1" or "Eagle Mod A" could have X feature.
"Eagle 2" or "Eagle Mod B" is the same scope but with Y feature instead.

Back
Top Bottom