• Pink Tacos

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Jholdbrooks

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
173   0
Reaction score
I'm in a pickle trying to decide which one I'd like to go with.
I know the Strike Eagle gets better reviews than the Crossfire
and coming in at around $100-150 difference has really got me leaning toward the crossfire.
Now, the biggest reason I like the crossfire is the reticle in it VS the BDC in the Strike Eagle. I just feel the Strike Eagle has alot going on with its reticle. But I've never handled either in person so I'm turning to you guys for your opinion on both.

For those who have tried both which one do you prefer the most.. ?

Other suggestions welcome :yo:

I like a true one power scope with the most magnification you can get. It's the best of both worlds. It acts as a true red dot and then you have some power to get more precise when you need it. If there was a 1-8x30 that would be truly ideal to me. So since we are not talking about that I will stick to the 1-6.
The reticles are made with a purpose in mind and if you learn how the reticle really works you will be surprised on how they are set up. Both reticles have the benefits and drawbacks. Like when you use different weight projectile ammo when your scope is set up for one particular weight projectile. Some of the reticles actually have range estimators when learned how to use properly.

Jholdbrooks Jholdbrooks - I could loan you a couple of AR10s that have never been fired/sighted in; both have Vortex Strike Eagles - one has a 1-6x24 and the other a 1-8x24 - however, they would need to come back ready to "choot". Might even drop off one of seven or eight different lowers for you to try on that new Sig M400 upper.

Jholdbrooks Jholdbrooks - I could loan you a couple of AR10s that have never been fired/sighted in; both have Vortex Strike Eagles - one has a 1-6x24 and the other a 1-8x24 - however, they would need to come back ready to "choot". Might even drop off one of seven or eight different lowers for you to try on that new Sig M400 upper.
pm sent

Back
Top Bottom