• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't disagree with that at all. Would you agree that, in the future, bipartisan support for gun rights will be imperative? I do. I also understand how accepting self proclaimed Liberals that are also gun enthusiasts into the fold is very beneficial for turning the tide of opposition to gun rights. As a person that has many liberal friends, I have been especially fortunate to have conversations that have produced real and meaningful changes in their ideology towards firearms. A conservative would be hard pressed to get that type of traction in my opinion. There is a whole sub-culture of Liberal gun enthusiasts that need to be welcomed and not ostracized. It's great for our rights, it's great for the sport, and it's an incredible insurance policy against future degradation of Second Amendment rights.

Chest thumping and spouting politically flavored derogatory names only succeeds in deepening the divide.

Do you agree?
HG,
If you expect the gun community at large to worry about offending the miniscule percentage of 2A supporting liberals... well.... I don't know what to say. Liberalism is an enemy to our Constitution and this country and clearly our 2nd amendment. The fact there are anomalies like yourself doesn't change those facts. In 2008 you voted for an anti gun president, the one who acted like a child last night in front of the nation (and world) as he was once again reminded he is not king. What can I say? Yes I'm glad you are pro 2A. The fact you are a liberal, still makes you and your kind a danger to the 2nd amendment because you vote into power those trying to destroy it. I guess you can attempt to make it more nuanced than that, but in the end, it's not.

- - - Updated - - -

^ none of which will actually help anything. Criminals don't abide by the laws. Only good citizens abide by laws. An armed society is a polite society....
Another one who hates the children I see....

HG,
If you expect the gun community at large to worry about offending the miniscule percentage of 2A supporting liberals... well.... I don't know what to say. Liberalism is an enemy to our Constitution and this country and clearly our 2nd amendment. The fact there are anomalies like yourself doesn't change those facts. In 2008 you voted for an anti gun president, the one who acted like a child last night in front of the nation (and world) as he was once again reminded he is not king. What can I say? Yes I'm glad you are pro 2A. The fact you are a liberal, still makes you and your kind a danger to the 2nd amendment because you vote into power those trying to destroy it. I guess you can attempt to make it more nuanced than that, but in the end, it's not.

- - - Updated - - -

Another one who hates the children I see....

If the shooting community truly reflects your short sighted, black and white, remedial views of politics we are all in trouble.

It's disheartening to hear such an opinion of life without redemption, especially from someone that continuously espouses their religion.

If the shooting community truly reflects your short sighted, black and white, remedial views of politics we are all in trouble.
It's disheartening to hear such an opinion of life without redemption, especially from someone that continuously espouses their religion.
We ARE in trouble. Due to liberals.
Everyone has a chance at redemption (including you and I). I never implied anything to the contrary. :confused:

I would have to agree that 98% of the gun community does share those same feeling's. Why would a gun owner want to elect somebody who is trying to futher destroy something that they love to do?

I would have to agree that 98% of the gun community does share those same feeling's. Why would a gun owner want to elect somebody who is trying to futher destroy something that they love to do?

It's not about voting for someone with differing politics, it's about not ostracizing people that love the shooting sports based on their politics. Jeezus.

We ARE in trouble. Due to liberals.
Everyone has a chance at redemption (including you and I). I never implied anything to the contrary. :confused:

Well I'm glad conservatives have it all figured out. It's surprising that half of the country isn't living in a virtual utopia.

Seriously, do you really think in only binaries? I'm being honest, it seems like it...maybe more than anyone else on this board, and you don't seem like an idiot.

It's not about voting for someone with differing politics, it's about not ostracizing people that love the shooting sports based on their politics. Jeezus.
If it walks like a duck....
I'm having a hard time believing you are really feeling offended by people accurately labeling liberals as gun grabbers.
I bet the vast majority (as in 95%+) of otherwise liberal gun owners think the 2A is about hunting or home defense too. Hence they are the FIRST ones to support "common sense gun regulations". :rolleyes:

Well I'm glad conservatives have it all figured out. It's surprising that half of the country isn't living in a virtual utopia.

Seriously, do you really think in only binaries? I'm being honest, it seems like it...maybe more than anyone else on this board, and you don't seem like an idiot.
Of course not. But when it comes to the 2A, it is a more black and white issue. It's that whole "shall not be infringed thing" I guess.
I don't think you're an idiot either. Perhaps why you are extra frustrating. Every time I meet someone that can otherwise articulate a thought, yet still voted for Obama, I'm left truly saddened for what I know to be the future of this country. I mean that will all sincerity.

So are you telling me that a vote Liberalism is a vote for 2A? How could you say that after one of the most Libral news outlets the Huff PO has the words SHAME in bold red letters along with the senators pictures who voted to smack down his gun control bill that these folks are pro 2A. Read the coment's of these tards at the bottom of the page on that story. These people are voters and would disarm us at the very first chance they got. You may represent half of 1% of voters that share your common belief.

If it walks like a duck....
I'm having a hard time believing you are really feeling offended by people accurately labeling liberals as gun grabbers.
I bet the vast majority (as in 95%+) of otherwise liberal gun owners think the 2A is about hunting or home defense too. Hence they are the FIRST ones to support "common sense gun regulations". :rolleyes:

I guess I've identified the value of the 5% that are not "gun grabbers". Why the insistence on creating a political divide? Why not keep it about those that value gun rights and those that do not?

Guess what. You've fallen for their plan. The plan to deeply politicize the issue. Wanna guess which population is older, Conservatives or Liberals? Take a guess....

Do you think that could negatively affect our ability to defend gun rights in the future?
Do you think it might be a good idea to bring as much Liberal support to the gun rights debate as possible?
Or is it just fun to call people libtards because it's easy and doesn't take any thought. Not that YOU have, but plenty do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom