• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

VP 9 Tactical shooting low, sugestions

RiverBend

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Proud Southern, Christian
362   0
Reaction score
not that I don't have sight pic down, shoot Glocks and XD's even M&P's in competition buy this new VP9 constantly hits low, even at 20 yards, suggestions?? Hold over don't count.
Adj. rear maybe, if so which one, would love tritium fiber optic set with adj rear if anyone knows of such a set.
suggestions appreciated,

Magtech & Winchester, don't want to aim high, don't have to with Glocks or XD's or M&P's should dots be aligned on target, or on top of sights as in most cases pic 1 is the usual, pic 2 is also common but 3 is not in my experience, whatdoya suggest
VP9 sightimages.jpg

Magtech & Winchester, don't want to aim high, don't have to with Glocks or XD's or M&P's should dots be aligned on target, or on top of sights as in most cases pic 1 is the usual, pic 2 is also common but 3 is not in my experience, whatdoya suggest
View attachment 1404142
I personally use sight alignment in pic 3

Use a sandbag or 2. Eliminate all the variables.

The first time I shot my 45 I had the same problem. I aimed for the clip that held the target up. It Surprised everyone when I hit it. Mostly me. Jerking the trigger will do that.

Tried it again from rest and it was better but a tad left, I can fix that by drifting the rear sight to the right,(FORS) principle.
Used better ammo this time also. Still gonna be hard to wean me from my G34

View attachment 1404142

For me Sight 3 is Combat Sighting on Sigs and that's the POA/POI I've experienced on all but a CRAPPY MK25, that thing couldn't hit a barn door at 5'.

Sight 2 Glocks/Smith MP's/XD's

Sight 1 was my Springfield 1911 all day long and I didn't like it. I was able to adjust the rear sight on my RO1911 to get sight 2. Loved that RO after adjusting it.

I've got no experience with the VP9's but have heard mixed reviews including one LEO family memeber who was excited to get the VP9 and after 2 months went back to the G17 by request. Somehow wouldn't lock back on last round and he didn't care for the paddle mag release...

I like the paddle mag release on the VP9. The slide stop lever in in a bad spot for me when using a thumbs forward grip. It’s pretty easy to ride it which obviously keeps it from locking the slide open after the last round.

Back
Top Bottom