• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

VP9 vs Glock 19?

Hussar

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
39   0
Reaction score
Hey guys, I want to get a gun that's more conducive to carrying and HD compared to my non railed .45 1911. I like the ergos of the vp9 and I view HK to make high quality products. I don't like that the mags are much more expensive than the glock. Glock didn't feel great in my hand but it's slightly cheaper and has more aftermarket support. Would have to work on the frame to get it more comfortable for me. What do you guys think? Thank you.

I've had both, currently only own the VP9. It just feels better with the customizable grip and the mag release in a more natural position. Though it takes learning a new muscle memory to become proficient with it depending upon what you're accustomed to.

I've had both, currently only own the VP9. It just feels better with the customizable grip and the mag release in a more natural position. Though it takes learning a new muscle memory to become proficient with it depending upon what you're accustomed to.
I had an hk45 for a bit so I'm kinda used to the paddle mag release but mostly 1911 button style.

I am a big guy so I can conceal a MK23 on me if I wanted so the VP9 is an easy do it all. The Glock has a proven bloodline and the HK VP9 has been out a couple of years. Tough call- I got both.:cool:

I am a big guy so I can conceal a MK23 on me if I wanted so the VP9 is an easy do it all. The Glock has a proven bloodline and the HK VP9 has been out a couple of years. Tough call- I got both.:cool:
That's something I didn't think about. VP9 might be a little tougher to cc. I guess it would be okay for winter though with coats.

Back
Top Bottom