• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wait times down yet?

I received a letter this week form a year ago submission outlining a paperwork issue.
One year to find out there is an issue on forms!!!
Letter returned with correction (I hope).

My first stamp had an issue and correction sent in and approved shortly thereafter. Of course, just because you are approved, doesn't mean that they have mailed it yet.

I'm interested to see when some august 2016 forms get approved. That should signify the "max" wait time is done and then from there on drop a bit.

They are still processing the bolus of submissions filed before 41f. After they finish that I'd imagine times being back in the 5-6 month range.
Let's hope so, I heard rumors at the NRA show , that they (Silencerco) expect the wait to drop to 6 months around the end of summer. Then again he sells suppressor' s for a living

I expect the wait to drop a WHOLE lot more than 6 months once they get through the "bolus of submissions" (thanks @Lazarus but I had to struggle with that definition a bit. Finally went with the veterinary medical term). Seriously, how many submissions do you think were sent POST 41F flood?

From my understanding, they are past all the pre 41F submissions. Post 41F stamps from August have been coming back. I think it will be towards the end of the year before we start seeing wait times drastically drop.

Buddies MK18 came back 3 weeks ago at 10 months. I still got a bunch pending from Jan, feb, and March so I'm keeping up with this new year and watching stamps come back at the store

Edit - his was a form 1 file as well.

They are still processing the bolus of submissions filed before 41f. After they finish that I'd imagine times being back in the 5-6 month range.

I would think wait times would continue to go up after 41f starts.
1) No more online options (so everything is done by hand 1's & 4's)
2) They have to log all the photos and finger prints
3) They apparently are in a hiring freeze so no new bodies to help.
4) [this may not be true] but I read they are dividing the NFA branch and having certain people focus on dealer to dealer forms, other for LE & Military, & then civilian.

So the amount of possible hands to touch our forms my decrease while the amount and length of paper work increases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom