• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

wal-mart ammo ????

I am under the understanding that walmart bulk ammo (and green box) is spec-ed out to be low powered and cheaper powder than the same looking boxes you can but else were. I would be interested if someone would do a Chrono test.

HA! So when a gun shop goes to Wal-Mart and buys up the supply of Remington green and white box, takes it back to their store and re-sells it for 20-25 bucks more per box, it is no longer low powered or cheaper powdered? I wonder if Remington really makes sub-standard ammo for Wal-Mart. Think I'll write and ask.

the guy that works the counter here said that u cant order online , and that they never sell ammo in quanities of 100 or more. . . . he also had a wig on but

I once had walmart tell me they had a per purchase limit on ammo but I think it was just because someone had come in and wiped them out the week before. They had let someone buy like 15 boxes and were out for 3 weeks. I've never seen a posted policy limiting ammo purchases.

HA! So when a gun shop goes to Wal-Mart and buys up the supply of Remington green and white box, takes it back to their store and re-sells it for 20-25 bucks more per box, it is no longer low powered or cheaper powdered? I wonder if Remington really makes sub-standard ammo for Wal-Mart. Think I'll write and ask.

That would be the highest priced ammo in the store!! LOL

I once had walmart tell me they had a per purchase limit on ammo but I think it was just because someone had come in and wiped them out the week before. They had let someone buy like 15 boxes and were out for 3 weeks. I've never seen a posted policy limiting ammo purchases.

during the ammo "crisis" i saw signs at my local ones. i was told it was for that reason because they had people literally waiting for hours for them to put the ammo out so they could buy it all. first it was 5 boxes a day total no matter what caliber and then they started saying 5 boxes a day per caliber and then they took it down all together. since then nothing and im glad. seems like when you put a limit, everyone wants it but if you leave it be it seems to distribute better without a mass panic.

I stopped in at the Newnan Wal-Mart to check on Remington 40 S&W 100 count JHP's. Wal-Mart retail price: $40.97. Out of stock. Left Wal-Mart and went to a nearby gun shop. There it was on the shelf. I asked the price and got a quote of $65 and change per box. Now as to whether or not Remington sends sub-standard ammo to Wal-Mart I will be asking them tomorrow. I'm interested in finding out too. I've also seen the same box listed at a few internet sites. I wonder if they are the same rounds in each box or if the boxes are custom loaded for different retail outlets.

Back
Top Bottom