• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walk away from meet with no deal...

Never over a gun or anything on here. I walked away from a bunch of stuff of CL back when I used to buy parts for my projects. The best one was a set of tires. 80 percent set of 35's that upon inspection had one sidewall cut out ( looked like with a knife). I just shook my head and politely left.

Never on a gun deal that I can remember. But of course on other things I've bought over the years, vehicles, tools, equipment, that kind of stuff.

I always get weird about when I'm making a gun sale and trade, and without asking the guy immediately field strips whatever it is. I'm all for inspecting a gun, but I would at least ask before I field stripped somebody's gun I haven't bought yet.

I've only walked away once. The guy passed me on the way to the meet, and I saw his out of state plate. Chatted for a bit and told me he recently moved here, at that point I was nervous because of the plate so I asked to see a GA ID, didn't have one. I said I wasn't comfortable with it, and didn't make the deal.

Drove to the guys house to look at a nickel model 29. The pictures in the ad were taken with a new I-potato. One side of the gun had pits in the nickel. I passed. The seller knew it had issues.

Once, I knew the gun wasn't perfect, but when I got there, after driving from Winder to Marrietta, it looked like it had been buried in the ground for a week. Gun was just plain dirty, not from shooting, just surface dirt. I passed on deal and the seller was cool with it, we shook hands as I recall and I went home. Waste of time and gas.

Last year I was trying to trade a p226, a guy from armslist offered me a like new m9a3. I was very interested and agreed to The trade after he sent pictures. I drove out to Cartersville to meet him. When he opened the beretta box I was pretty irritated to see that the gun looked like it had been kicked across a parking lot. There were pretty bad peening marks all across the top of the slide. My manners went out the window and I asked him "what the f*ck is this? " to which he replies "i put an extra mag in the box and closed it too hard." My reply was "Look at my sig, you see his it isnt beat to hell? You see how it looks like new?" There is no way I'm making this deal." He was mad, I was mad, I left. So yeah I've walked away from a meet up without making a deal.

Last year I was trying to trade a p226, a guy from armslist offered me a like new m9a3. I was very interested and agreed to The trade after he sent pictures. I drove out to Cartersville to meet him. When he opened the beretta box I was pretty irritated to see that the gun looked like it had been kicked across a parking lot. There were pretty bad peening marks all across the top of the slide. My manners went out the window and I asked him "what the f*ck is this? " to which he replies "i put an extra mag in the box and closed it too hard." My reply was "Look at my sig, you see his it isnt beat to hell? You see how it looks like new?" There is no way I'm making this deal." He was mad, I was mad, I left. So yeah I've walked away from a meet up without making a deal.

That's pretty ****ty, he knew his gun was beat to **** and didn't say anything.

Back
Top Bottom