• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walk away from meet with no deal...

Or maybe you are the seller. Price and condition are agreed on but when the guy shows up he can't produce an ID and he looks high on meth. Are you obligated to sell to him or can you just change your mind and leave?
I'm not trying to be a smartass here...just making sure I understand the rules.
As I said, it's only happened to me a couple of times but if I HAVE to buy when I make an offer and set up a meet then I am going to get a lot more particular about getting more pictures...maybe I should anyway.

Or maybe you are the seller. Price and condition are agreed on but when the guy shows up he can't produce an ID and he looks high on meth. Are you obligated to sell to him or can you just change your mind and leave?
I'm not trying to be a smartass here...just making sure I understand the rules.
As I said, it's only happened to me a couple of times but if I HAVE to buy when I make an offer and set up a meet then I am going to get a lot more particular about getting more pictures...maybe I should anyway.
rules there you go with rules.Rules change around here.

I walked away one time when a guy offered less at the meet. I started to walk away from another guy when he did the same thing, but he stopped me and paid the agreed price...And yes, I believe both of them tried to take advantage simply because I took the time to be there. They missed their mark. But yeah it has happened to me once, almost twice.

Almost every guy I have met has been great, buying, selling and trading. There have only been a couple that rubbed me wrong, and one that I will never deal with again.

Several times on high dollar items. Most all were condition issues, a few times it was a case of advertising a stainless revolver that was actually a nickel finish. No big deal. A buyer has to come prepared with a certain level of knowledge or your going to get screwed.

Rulz are: you both agree to a time, place, and price in a pm. There is no obligation to purchase the item at the time of the meet. When I make a deal I also include all of the details of the item(s) being purchased.
Example: Ruger P90 including box, docs, 2 mags as stated in the ad for $$ meet at Bass Pro Lawrenceville Friday 2/15 @ 7:30pm.

Once a member advertised a "mint" S&W K frame with "perfect timing and smooth trigger".
Was out of time and touched up with cold blue. He tried to get huffy, but it was grossly misrepresented. Of course, I walked. Those items will not show on pics, and is why you always inspect the item before cash changes hands.

Back
Top Bottom