• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walk away from meet with no deal...

I had it happen once when I was selling. I thought my pics were pretty good, but the member inspected it and said he really didn't like the finish, thought it was a re-done bead blast. No problem... shake hands, thanks for driving out, have a good day.

I walked away from one ODT sale.

Guy said he wanted to see CCpermit. I didn't have one. I offered to do a 4473 at the ffl of his choice.

Was on my way to the FFL (an hour away) where we were supposed to meet when he told me to drop the money off at the FFL and he would drop the gun off after I left and I could come back later to do the paperwork.

This was for "His protection and the protection of the gun shop"

This is the same guy that belives a BoS protects you against the ATF kicking in your door because someone you sold something to committed a crime.

Pretty much told him to go **** himself and I didn't appreciate him wasting my time and trying to screw me over.

Its happened when I was the buyer and when I was trading into something else. The condition of the item when I was the buyer made my haggle for a lower price. When I was trading into something else, I passed on their item because it had rust and looked like it had never been cleaned. They must have used pictures from when they first bought it in the listing.

It still baffles me....some folks interpretation of the condition of a weapon ((I'm speaking mainly cosmetic, not function)
I will most certainly speak my mind at a meet if condition has been mis-represented, including walking away.
I'd like to say it just boils down to integrity (or lack thereof) but I honestly believe some people think rust is OK and/or normal on a weapon!
Battle wore finish= more money?

Its happened when I was the buyer and when I was trading into something else. The condition of the item when I was the buyer made my haggle for a lower price. When I was trading into something else, I passed on their item because it had rust and looked like it had never been cleaned. They must have used pictures from when they first bought it in the listing.
Lol I would have pointed and laughed I think.
star-wars-what-a-piece-of-junk.gif

Back
Top Bottom