• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walk away from meet with no deal...

I had one guy walk away but it didn’t bother me because I always try to stipulate that before we meet. I guess it’s all relative because the very next guy pounced on it without question.

On a side note I had one guy field strip one of my pistols and go through it like he was looking for contraband but even that was fairly amusing.

I had one guy walk away but it didn’t bother me because I always try to stipulate that before we meet. I guess it’s all relative because the very next guy pounced on it without question.

On a side note I had one guy field strip one of my pistols and go through it like he was looking for contraband but even that was fairly amusing.

Did he make you put it back together?

I had a deal where the pistol action was really sluggish...the gentleman took the pistol to a gun store, they inspected and lubed it...it had just sat in the box for 20 years. we made the deal an hour later. I wasnt about to pull out a can of rem oil and a screw driver and goto work in a parking lot.

Sadly I think a few folks on the trader, mostly ones out to make a quick buck, use the strategy of trying to lowball at the meet hoping the seller will cave in because they already took the time and trouble to meet.

I will take my Stuff and go home regardless of how far I drove.

It still baffles me....some folks interpretation of the condition of a weapon ((I'm speaking mainly cosmetic, not function)
I will most certainly speak my mind at a meet if condition has been mis-represented, including walking away.
I'd like to say it just boils down to integrity (or lack thereof) but I honestly believe some people think rust is OK and/or normal on a weapon!

I've learned the ODT New Math - "95%" means "no parts rusted together"

I had it happen once when I was selling. I thought my pics were pretty good, but the member inspected it and said he really didn't like the finish, thought it was a re-done bead blast. No problem... shake hands, thanks for driving out, have a good day.

The only deal I walked out on is where the seller truly didn't know an important fact about his gun.

If you read the ads, that's not an uncommon event - people selling guns they don't know squat about -"got it in a trade, don't know much about it".

Back
Top Bottom