• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walking dead question.

how do they keep making so many zombies? a group grabs you,bites you,and you get away.fine.
but when they get you, why dont they eat you completely? i figure maybe a few hundred really fat zombies, nothing more.
also, when they are at the tractor place, no one thinks to get on a tractor with the arm style bush hog? cut the guard off of it, and you have a zombie chopper. or how about a combine, you could just go out cruising for them,make some noise and they come running.
Darrel is a red neck, why has he not come up with something, heck Ash to a olds, and a windmill and made a deadite chopper...
what about at the beginning,Rick was in a tank. now i dont know how to drive a tank, but i bet i could teach myself.
yep, gotta watch it for the entertainment value, most of us would have fixed it by the end of season one...

Suspension of disbelief is necessary to be a true fan.
I get what you're saying. The show has been around for a long time and I never wanted to watch it until my older daughter moved in with us in 14 and started from episode 1 on Netflix. I was surprised by how quickly you can get into it. Up until then I never watched anything like it. I mean come on! ****in' zombies, right? I'm usually not into **** like that.
When I first joined this site there was " Custom Zombie Squad" tacky looking guns everywhere. So one day I asked what was the deal with all the zombie ****. One of the first comments was priceless. It was something like " Well it's better than all that faggoty ass vampire ****." Hard to argue with that.

I get what you're saying. The show has been around for a long time and I never wanted to watch it until my older daughter moved in with us in 14 and started from episode 1 on Netflix. I was surprised by how quickly you can get into it. Up until then I never watched anything like it. I mean come on! ****in' zombies, right? I'm usually not into **** like that.
When I first joined this site there was " Custom Zombie Squad" tacky looking guns everywhere. So one day I asked what was the deal with all the zombie ****. One of the first comments was priceless. It was something like " Well it's better than all that faggoty ass vampire ****." Hard to argue with that.

Well... be sure to watch Zombieland (funny, but great movie, also shot in Georgia). And of course 28 Days Later, the first "fast zombie" movie. And then there's Shawn of the Dead, a British comedy zombie movie that predates the Walking Dead comics (effectively), and used some of the same ideas-- first, apparently. All three of those are decent films, even if you aren't into the zombie thing.

World War Z, too.

There are others, but those are arguably the best. Big thumbs up for Woody Harrelson's gun handling in Zombieland... lining up the 1911 mags, vertically, on the counter for faster one-handed reloads was clever. Helpful when you're dual-wielding 1911s, against the horde. And you can't forget Bill Murray's role...

Well... be sure to watch Zombieland (funny, but great movie, also shot in Georgia). And of course 28 Days Later, the first "fast zombie" movie. And then there's Shawn of the Dead, a British comedy zombie movie that predates the Walking Dead comics (effectively), and used some of the same ideas-- first, apparently. All three of those are decent films, even if you aren't into the zombie thing.

World War Z, too.

There are others, but those are arguably the best. Big thumbs up for Woody Harrelson's gun handling in Zombieland... lining up the 1911 mags, vertically, on the counter for faster one-handed reloads was clever. Helpful when you're dual-wielding 1911s, against the horde. And you can't forget Bill Murray's role...
I've seen Zombieland once or twice and yeah it was pretty funny. The nerd kid and the part with Bill Murray had to be the best parts.

So.... I am going to sound like I am a fanatic- which I am not - but do watch and enjoy the show and pay attention to some details.
They are only in about 2 years, in the storyline. They are not in Georgia anymore - they are in Virginia, outside of DC. The military packed up and moved out and took supplies with them. The place they are at (Alexandria) had a bunch of weapons and so did Rick's group... but Negan took them and keeps taking them from groups they overtake / make serfs out of. Think back to when Rick's group took out Negans outpost - major weaponry was taken. I think the premise is supplies were all snatched up, in the beginning and either hidden in stock piles, used up, or ruined. Gun cachets are there... and they do pop up, but again, they are not in Georgia anymore... still shooting the show here, but not in the storyline.
As far as the 10/22 comment, walkers are not the real problem anymore...people are. And that, in any apocalyptic situation, will always be the greatest danger. Final note - don't think the writers are all that liberal. There was a pointed message when Negan was able to track the Alexandrians guns, with the inventory list they had created. Very big smack to the face of registration and how it can bite ya in the butt.
Like others said, you have to just let it go, and enjoy... it is fantasy and I like seeing if I can spot the locations that are shot around Senoia and mid Ga.

Back
Top Bottom