• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walmart in Monroe has .22lr and .22 mag on the shelves

Now that CCI SV is showing up for $0.08 a round again, I never even go by the gun desk at Wal-Mart anymore, thank goodness. I used to just walk by it to verify they were out, they always were. I've seen a good selection and pricing of 22 mag at gun shows as of late, if that's your thing. Since they quit selling semi autos, I avoid them anyway but that's JMO.
The Federal 550 round bulk pack was $24.32 after tax. That comes to 4.4 cents per round.

As far as the more expensive .22 ammo goes, have you ever tried any Aguila Standard Velocity or Aguila Subsonic? It can usually be had online for the same price as CCI and I've found it to be a little more accurate than CCI.

The Federal 550 round bulk pack was $24.32 after tax. That comes to 4.4 cents per round.

As far as the more expensive .22 ammo goes, have you ever tried any Aguila Standard Velocity or Aguila Subsonic? It can usually be had online for the same price as CCI and I've found it to be a little more accurate than CCI.

I buy the Aguila standard velocity at Academy. Shoots just as good or better than the CCI for me.

I buy the Aguila standard velocity at Academy. Shoots just as good or better than the CCI for me.
I used to run CCI in my bolt gun, but tried some Aguila awhile back when everybody was out of CCI.

I wish I had tried it sooner. Don't get me wrong, CCI is good stuff, but I think Aguila is better. It does better for me anyway.

My only complaint is the smell. That stuff STINKS when you fire it!

This is my experience also. More accurate than CCI. Aguila 40 grain SVSP (lead) is my absolute favorite and its wholesale price right now is about $2.15 per box. That's nearly pre-2008 Obama run up pricing. Some smaller shops in Macon are selling it for $29 per brick. That's not bad at all and I'm sure it makes neckbeards melt a little every time a brick is sold.

I hear ya on the bulk pricing but my larger point was I just avoid Wal Mart when I can find it at other suppliers. An added bonus is I get to avoid all the dumbass conversations with people and customers at the gun section in WM. I don't buy much bulk pack 22 because it's just thrown in the boxes loose which can lead to reliability issues from the bullets laying at different angles over time (as opposed to CCi and others which all are stored oriented in the same position). I am usually shooting suppressed so the bulk packs don't matter much to me anyway. I used to find CCI SV at $0.05 per round, before the big run on 22 happened. Now the cheapest I see is about .08.rd. i used to buy Wolf but now can't seem to find a consistent supplier

I've tried every 22 round known to man. I finally settled on CCI SV as my go to. It's always been accurate and reliable enough for me. I've noticed about 1 out of about every 50 rounds goes supersonic and for me that's good enough. It's readily available except when all the 22 dried up and has always been consistent enough from batch to batch. the aguila you mention is great as well but i can usually find CCI SV easier when I need it and I like to buy the same thing consistently.

Some smaller shops in Macon are selling it for $29 per brick. That's not bad at all and I'm sure it makes neckbeards melt a little every time a brick is sold.
Around here it wasn't neckbeards. It was old retired bastards that had nothing better to do than camp out at the ammo case all day sipping coffee and telling lies while they waited for the next shipment to come in so they could buy it all up.

I heard one bragging that he hadn't actually shot a gun in years. He was just buying up all the .22 so he could sit on it for a few years and then sell it at a huge profit when prices got REALLY high.

I think about him every time I find a good deal on .22 these days

:pound:

Around here it wasn't neckbeards. It was old retired bastards that had nothing better to do than camp out at the ammo case all day sipping coffee and telling lies while they waited for the next shipment to come in so they could buy it all up.

I heard one bragging that he hadn't actually shot a gun in years. He was just buying up all the .22 so he could sit on it for a few years and then sell it at a huge profit when prices got REALLY high.

I think about him every time I find a good deal on .22 these days

:pound:
you should of tripped him when he walked away

Back
Top Bottom