• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walmart in Monroe has .22lr and .22 mag on the shelves

Now that CCI SV is showing up for $0.08 a round again, I never even go by the gun desk at Wal-Mart anymore, thank goodness. I used to just walk by it to verify they were out, they always were. I've seen a good selection and pricing of 22 mag at gun shows as of late, if that's your thing. Since they quit selling semi autos, I avoid them anyway but that's JMO.

they still sell simi autos, they just stopped carrying AR's due to the market crapping out, they still sell mini-14's though.

Around here it wasn't neckbeards. It was old retired bastards that had nothing better to do than camp out at the ammo case all day sipping coffee and telling lies while they waited for the next shipment to come in so they could buy it all up.

I heard one bragging that he hadn't actually shot a gun in years. He was just buying up all the .22 so he could sit on it for a few years and then sell it at a huge profit when prices got REALLY high.

I think about him every time I find a good deal on .22 these days

:pound:

LOL! I know some of those guys sitting on millions of rounds are pissed right now. If they bought 2 million rounds up during the panic and now began firing 100 rounds per day they'd need to live 55 more years to expend it all, LMAO! Maybe there'll be another school shooting and ensuing panic so they can sell at a small profit but I hope they choke on that "Capitalism Sammich" they've made for themselves.

Around here it wasn't neckbeards. It was old retired bastards that had nothing better to do than camp out at the ammo case all day sipping coffee and telling lies while they waited for the next shipment to come in so they could buy it all up.

I heard one bragging that he hadn't actually shot a gun in years. He was just buying up all the .22 so he could sit on it for a few years and then sell it at a huge profit when prices got REALLY high.

I think about him every time I find a good deal on .22 these days

:pound:

LMAO, I can relate. I was at WM once and there was this old guy bragging how he shot competitively in all these matches and on and on bragging and he had to have all his 22 ammo for the same lot # or it would cost him prize money, so he had the counter guy going through all the boxes of the cheapest ammo looking to match #'s.

Anyway, so the aguila 22 LR SV SP stays subsonic for you in your rifles? I see its rated at 1130 FPS, it used to be rated lower. If it shoots sub consistently, I will pick some up for 4.3 cents each shipped.

LMAO, I can relate. I was at WM once and there was this old guy bragging how he shot competitively in all these matches and on and on bragging and he had to have all his 22 ammo for the same lot # or it would cost him prize money, so he had the counter guy going through all the boxes of the cheapest ammo looking to match #'s.

Anyway, so the aguila 22 LR SV SP stays subsonic for you in your rifles? I see its rated at 1130 FPS, it used to be rated lower. If it shoots sub consistently, I will pick some up for 4.3 cents each shipped.

Very few competitive shooters buy their ammunition at Walmart. None that I know of. If you're serious about shooting you order case lots of the same lot number with verified MV and std dev for the lot. And that is usually available only from a few boutique suppliers of competitive shooting gear and ammunition.

Anyway, so the aguila 22 LR SV SP stays subsonic for you in your rifles? I see its rated at 1130 FPS, it used to be rated lower.

Around here, at 95 degrees Fahrenheit the ammunition (Aguila) is just barely supersonic. In winter when the temp avgs 70 degrees you can get consistent sub sonic speeds.

I don't know a damn thing about competitive shooting, but even I know that those guys aren't running anything you can get at Walmart. That guy sounds a lot like some I've met over the years.

What is it about getting around guns and ammo that makes people want to lie through their teeth? I swear I could fill a whole book with all the bull**** I've heard at gun counters over the years. LMAO!

Anyway, I didn't know the Aguila Standard Velocity was rated that fast. I've run it through a 16" barrel with a suppressor and it's always stayed subsonic for me.

This is what I was running in my suppressed FV-SR last weekend. It's nice and quiet and can get out to 250 yards no problem. I'm sure it could reach out farther, but I don't have anywhere I can shoot those distances. I think it's rated at 1080fps

IMG_0782.JPG

I don't know a damn thing about competitive shooting, but even I know that those guys aren't running anything you can get at Walmart. LMAO!

What is it about guns and ammo that make people want to lie through their teeth? I swear I could fill a whole book with all the bull**** I've heard at gun counters over the years.

Anyway, I didn't know the Aguila Standard Velocity was rated that fast. I've run it through a 16" barrel with a suppressor and it's always stayed subsonic for me.

This is what I was running in my suppressed FV-SR last weekend. It's nice and quiet and can get out to 250 yards no problem. I'm sure it could reach out farther, but I don't have anywhere I can shoot those distances. I think it's rated at 1080fps

View attachment 1273849
All the yellow and white box Aquila I've shot has been subsonic. Coincidentally it's all I use in my Mossberg 44US trainers and it is the best of about 15 types/manufacturers I've tried (including Eley Club, Match, Ten-X, Remington Match, Federal Match [garbage by the way], Lapua, Gecco, etc.,).

Back
Top Bottom