• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walmart in Monroe has .22lr and .22 mag on the shelves

All the yellow and white box Aquila I've shot has been subsonic. Coincidentally it's all I use in my Mossberg 44US trainers and it is the best of about 15 types/manufacturers I've tried (including Eley Club, Match, Ten-X, Remington Match, Federal Match [garbage by the way], Lapua, Gecco, etc.,).
I've seen some of that REALLY high priced .22 online, but never tried any.

I figure it's overkill for the type of shooting I do. All I'm doing is sitting in a hay field plinking at a steel target. LOL Aguila is fine for that.

I run the bulk pack junk through an AR22 upper on my SBR lower. It's got a 4.5" barrel so the bulk pack ammo stays subsonic out of it.

It's fun to shoot close range, but I won't be winning any distance contests with it.

IMG_0156.JPG

I don't know a damn thing about competitive shooting, but even I know that those guys aren't running anything you can get at Walmart. That guy sounds a lot like some I've met over the years.

What is it about getting around guns and ammo that makes people want to lie through their teeth? I swear I could fill a whole book with all the bull**** I've heard at gun counters over the years. LMAO!

Anyway, I didn't know the Aguila Standard Velocity was rated that fast. I've run it through a 16" barrel with a suppressor and it's always stayed subsonic for me.

This is what I was running in my suppressed FV-SR last weekend. It's nice and quiet and can get out to 250 yards no problem. I'm sure it could reach out farther, but I don't have anywhere I can shoot those distances. I think it's rated at 1080fps

View attachment 1273849

Yeah, I've read the older stuff was rated lower but the newer version of that is rated at a higher speed. I don't know. A whole case for $219 is a good deal but would piss me off it was not subsonic.

Yeah that guy at WM was an idiot, just making the counter guy run more so he could feel and talk about how important he was. He was full of BS.

I used to buy bulk at WM. 550 federal for $11.88, then it went to $13.88. I would buy a box every trip just to buy something gun related and scratch that itch. Ended up with over 200 boxes because I rarely shot the stuff. When prices skyrocketed, I took a bunch of stuff to the gun show and was selling for $60 a box and was sold out by lunch first day, all of it. I didn't buy it to sell but knew I would never shoot it. The conversations And comments had to put up with that day was unbearable. I could never work at a retail gun store.

Yeah, I've read the older stuff was rated lower but the newer version of that is rated at a higher speed. I don't know. A whole case for $219 is a good deal but would piss me off it was not subsonic.

Yeah that guy at WM was an idiot, just making the counter guy run more so he could feel and talk about how important he was. He was full of BS.

I used to buy bulk at WM. 550 federal for $11.88, then it went to $13.88. I would buy a box every trip just to buy something gun related and scratch that itch. Ended up with over 200 boxes because I rarely shot the stuff. When prices skyrocketed, I took a bunch of stuff to the gun show and was selling for $60 a box and was sold out by lunch first day, all of it. I didn't buy it to sell but knew I would never shoot it. The conversations And comments had to put up with that day was unbearable. I could never work at a retail gun store.
It's probably been a year or so since I bought any Aguila Standard Velocity so they may have changed it since then. I'm betting they have, because I wouldn't have bought it if it had been rated at 1130fps. I try to stay at 1080fps or slower for running through a 16" barrel.

You might want to look at some Aguila that's rated slower or see if you can pick up one box of the Standard Velocity just to test it out before you buy a case of it.

Talking about Walmart ammo, I remember when the 100 round packs of Winchester white box 9mm were $11.99 and I thought that was high. I remember when the bricks of .22 went up to $13 or $14 too. I was PISSED at that outrageous price! LOL

Back in those days I never stocked up on anything. I'd go buy whatever I wanted to shoot that day and burn through every bit of it. I thought you'd always be able to go into any Walmart and get as much of any caliber you wanted anytime you wanted.

LESSON LEARNED!

And don't even get me started on gun shows. Years ago I worked them selling military surplus. I heard more bull**** stories and met more special forces super ninjas than I can even remember.

When you're trying to sell them something though, you've just got to smile and nod and act impressed with their thrilling stories of bravery and valor.

Aguila Super Extra (white and blue with yellow box lead bullet) is rated at 1,130 fps. That drops to a subsonic speed of about 990 fps at 100 yards.

Back
Top Bottom