• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walmart lowers price on Savage A 17

Warning!!! I went to Walmart in Winder Ga, as it showed they had two 17’s. I got there and finally found the lady that was running the sporting goods and asked to purchase the gun. I was then informed that their website was down and had been for a couple of days. I asked if this was for all Walmart’s and she said she didn’t know but I couldn’t buy any guns today and I’d have to come back. I was frustrated at myself for not calling first and walked off. On my way out it just didn’t seem correct and I felt she was lying so I went to the customer counter but no go, too many people in line. On my way home I called the one in Monroe just to check and see if THEIR website was down. The lady asked why, and I told her the story, GET THIS!!! She immediately said oh, let me guess you must have gone to the Winder or Loganville store, they tell customers that all the time!

Warning!!! I went to Walmart in Winder Ga, as it showed they had two 17’s. I got there and finally found the lady that was running the sporting goods and asked to purchase the gun. I was then informed that their website was down and had been for a couple of days. I asked if this was for all Walmart’s and she said she didn’t know but I couldn’t buy any guns today and I’d have to come back. I was frustrated at myself for not calling first and walked off. On my way out it just didn’t seem correct and I felt she was lying so I went to the customer counter but no go, too many people in line. On my way home I called the one in Monroe just to check and see if THEIR website was down. The lady asked why, and I told her the story, GET THIS!!! She immediately said oh, let me guess you must have gone to the Winder or Loganville store, they tell customers that all the time!
Ha! Yeah Walmart’s a joke. I think they’re slowly getting out of the gun business. At least semi autos

Went to Dallas Walmart and they have 1 the display $384 I had them check the price and it is $384, I guess only select Walmarts are closing them out.

I went to the one in Thomson and actually had a great experience- I called ahead and the guy at the counter said they had one 12 ga 11-87 left and he'd put my name on it. Sure enough when I got there it was behind the counter with a post-it with my name on it, the last one. Really good service from the folks in there, my background check was delayed and they called my cell 30 mins later when it cleared. Bought that 1187 and 2 A17's and a whole sack of SOG knives they had clearance for $8 each.

Went to Walmart in oakwood....

They had 1 on the shelf....

Rang up full price.... (after the guy didn’t want to scan it and kept telling me “all the cheap one already sold”)

They wouldn’t budge on a match... just keeps saying they are different guns....

Walmart will never price match other stores on clearance items.

If it is a different SKU, they will not match. I bought a BUNCH of federal shotgun shells last year for cheap. The new, replacement boxes are the same shell; just different packaging.

Albany, GA one was down last Friday. Claimed to have been down for days. They had a bolt action A17, but I could not buy it because the background system computer was down.

Albany, GA one was down last Friday. Claimed to have been down for days. They had a bolt action A17, but I could not buy it because the background system computer was down.
Well that's good to know because I've been keeping my eye on that limited stock A17 . But I think the A17 only come in semi auto.

Back
Top Bottom