• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walther/Interarms PPK value?

FYI... Firearms Training Academy gun store on 140 or Cherokee Gun and Pawn ( don't remember which one) had a PPK/S in their display case today marked $799.00. It wasn't German but didn't notice if it was Interarms or S&W flavor. Don't know if this is a covid cost or normal sell.

This table was set up at the last Cartersville gun show in August.
All German PPK, PP, PPK/S, P5, P88, and a few Swiss Sig 210 for good measure. Priced from $550 to about $2750.

Wow!!! That table looks like a DREAM selection for someone in the market for a German PPK. I never imagined anything like that could be in Georgia, after what I've seen at shows closer to Atlanta (hardly any PPKs at all).

Is that your table, or you just took a photo? Am curious if that vendor will be there again in November.

Welp, @isuolympic is not giving any details. I've PMed him twice, and commented in this thread, and he's visited the forum many times since, all with no reply. I don't get it..... why post a picture and then be silent about any questions??

When I was in my early 20s and just got a carry licenseI seriously looked at getting a Walther 380. The only model available would've been the PPK/S which I understood to be "in between" the tiny size of a PPK (which was not importable after 1968) and the full sized PP which is a police pistol.

Interarms was the only importer and these guns were all made in west Germany.

I tested one that belong to a friend.

It had a very heavy double action trigger pull, and an "acceptable but still gritty and heavy" single action pull.

The little gun had surprisingly snappy recoil, but maybe if I owned it and practice more with it I would master that aspect of it.

The cost in the late 1980s was around $400 for the stainless steel model, which I would have preferred, so if you can find one for $700 now I think that would be commensurate with the inflation rate.

Here's some other guy's review and range report of a interarms imported Walther PPK/S.

When I was in my early 20s and just got a carry licenseI seriously looked at getting a Walther 380. The only model available would've been the PPK/S which I understood to be "in between" the tiny size of a PPK (which was not importable after 1968) and the full sized PP which is a police pistol.

Interarms was the only importer and these guns were all made in west Germany.

I tested one that belong to a friend.

It had a very heavy double action trigger pull, and an "acceptable but still gritty and heavy" single action pull.

The little gun had surprisingly snappy recoil, but maybe if I owned it and practice more with it I would master that aspect of it.

The cost in the late 1980s was around $400 for the stainless steel model, which I would have preferred, so if you can find one for $700 now I think that would be commensurate with the inflation rate.
So all the Interarms were made in West Germany? Or did I misunderstand? Thanks

Well, i'm not sure if Interarms was the exclusive importer of Walther pistols before Smith & Wesson formed a partnership with Walther in the late 1990s, but certainly all through the 1970's and thru the early 1990s Walthers that were made in Europe came into America through Interarms.

However, many of the Walther PP / PPK / PPK-S pistols that are stamped "made in West Germany" were actually built in Manurhin, France. Walther subcontracted the job.

But the French left the final polishing, stamping, and finishing to the Germans, and that way the gun could legally be sold as a German product.

Back
Top Bottom