• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walther/Interarms PPK value?

Thanks for asking the question. I’m in the market for one as well. The $800 listings seem a bit inflated to me. In for actual value stats.
I didn't look those up until after posting :doh: . No stirring the pot intentionally here but I see what you're saying ; it's gotten harder to buy here in the last year or so...

Depends on caliber and whether German or US made. Original box, papers, test target?
If German it is kinda rare as these were banned from import in 1968 unless LE or military.
If it is US made and .380 with box and papers I would not pay more than $500.
It was the PPK that was banned in 1968 as it's dimensions fell within the "Saturday Night Special" BS currently in vogue. Walther shortened the barrel on the model PP to create the PPK/S. The West German PPK/S .380 models are simply better than the clones.

This table was set up at the last Cartersville gun show in August.
All German PPK, PP, PPK/S, P5, P88, and a few Swiss Sig 210 for good measure. Priced from $550 to about $2750.

Wow!!! That table looks like a DREAM selection for someone in the market for a German PPK. I never imagined anything like that could be in Georgia, after what I've seen at shows closer to Atlanta (hardly any PPKs at all).

Is that your table, or you just took a photo? Am curious if that vendor will be there again in November.

Wow!!! That table looks like a DREAM selection for someone in the market for a German PPK. I never imagined anything like that could be in Georgia, after what I've seen at shows closer to Atlanta (hardly any PPKs at all).

Is that your table, or you just took a photo? Am curious if that vendor will be there again in November.
Agreed !!! isuolympic isuolympic

German -> Interarms -> S&W seem to be the popularity / quality ranking. Interarms seemed to be in the $500's before the current madness, no idea what market value is right now.

German -> Interarms -> S&W seem to be the popularity / quality ranking. Interarms seemed to be in the $500's before the current madness, no idea what market value is right now.
^^^^^ This^^^^^ is also what I see and read in the forums.
From what I read of the PPK history, the German made is tops followed by Interarms because the original German design and quality was “supposedly“ adhered to. When taken over by S&W changes were made that didn’t follow original design although quality didn’t seem to suffer. Again, what I have read. Take it with a grain of salt…

Back
Top Bottom