• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walther P22 "Tactical"

I reckon Sometimes its just either if you have one before it was improved, or just got a good one? I have one of the worst reviewed guns that I carry every day. The Taurus PT111 G2..... I shot all my fail to feeds from my CZ through the Taurus!! LOL. The CZ is "seasoned" now and has no issues anymore!!

I reckon Sometimes its just either if you have one before it was improved, or just got a good one? I have one of the worst reviewed guns that I carry every day. The Taurus PT111 G2..... I shot all my fail to feeds from my CZ through the Taurus!! LOL. The CZ is "seasoned" now and has no issues anymore!!
That may give you some insight on reviews...

Blip, I guess it boils down to this... (Only talking defense) If you actually want true 100% reliability, then don't buy a gun at any price or make. If you have nothing, your 100% reliable on someone else with a (reviewed = 80%) reliable gun, or the good will of the Criminal. Sorry went off grid with that I guess!! LOL

Blip, I guess it boils down to this... (Only talking defense) If you actually want true 100% reliability, then don't buy a gun at any price or make. If you have nothing, your 100% reliable on someone else with a (reviewed = 80%) reliable gun, or the good will of the Criminal. Sorry went off grid with that I guess!! LOL
It boils down to this. If we were really talking about defense we wouldn't really be talking about the P 22 wood we?
I purchased my first one without reading any reviews, actually without having much knowledge of pistols to begin with. I bought it just for the fact that I'm left-handed and Walters seem to fit that bill. I found the ammo that work for it, and yes it's a little bit more expensive than the bulk junk. But I have had a blast shooting it and I've taught my wife and two daughters on this gun

100% anything is often a pipe dream.

But these P22's are often not bad. The S&W MP .22 pistol are build by the same company. The S&W came later and might more refined. The Smith has a much better machined aluminum slide but the fixed barrel, threaded on many models that accepts the same threads with a magazine that is nearly the same, the full sixe smith with 12 rounds verses the Walther with 10.

If I was to buy another, I'd go with the Smith but the compact P22 is a nice option too.

It boils down to this. If we were really talking about defense we wouldn't really be talking about the P 22 wood we?
I purchased my first one without reading any reviews, actually without having much knowledge of pistols to begin with. I bought it just for the fact that I'm left-handed and Walters seem to fit that bill. I found the ammo that work for it, and yes it's a little bit more expensive than the bulk junk. But I have had a blast shooting it and I've taught my wife and two daughters on this gun
I agree, I was referring only to your point about reviews!! Your dead accurate on that!!

Yep, but it was used in the worst school shooting in our nation's history. 32 dead with a Glock 19 with 15 round magazines and a Walther P22 and 10 round magazines. Both purchased month apart-due to 30 day "cooling off" period later repealed.

At close range a .22LR is sufficient. Israeli Mossad used them with good effect at close range http://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/israeli-mossad-22-lrs/#mossad-22-lsr-beretta-70

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Tech_shooting

Back
Top Bottom