• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walther PPX review

My PPX 9mm is stamped to indicate that it was made in Ulm, Germany at the Walther plant.
It may say Ulm, but since the Umarex/Walther merger, their operations have combined, and the quality declined. I am sure they're fine entry guns, but I was making the case that for $300 you can buy better guns. I'll stay out of this topic now, as I'm not trying to ruin the ownership of them to those who have them. My apologies.

From the Walther forums the rumor is that they've been discontinued, which is why CDNN has them. I'm hoping they drop the price of the 9mm mags a bit. The other rumor is that a PPX M2 is on the way.

Aside from being a bit large if you plan to carry it, they're a great gun. Inexpensive with a great trigger. Mine is a range gun, so the size is not an issue.

I have a PPX M2. It is the 5-inch barrel. I tried the PPX later, and I would 've brought it. However, I am happy with this for now:):).
ppqv2_2.jpg
ppqv2_1.jpg
ppqv2_3.jpg

Exactly one year, about 3500 rounds, zero mods, zero malfunctions, but my opinion is the same.

I have not bought a holster for this gun and I have never carried it anywhere except for in and out of the house. While inside the house, it lives on my nightstand and I fully trust it to make any uninvited guest feel unwelcome. When I feel like poking holes in paper, this one comes out more than any of them.

The mags still rattle and it still gets on my nerves but it does not affect the gun. The shells no longer hit me in the head, so I guess that it is some kind of break in thing.

I stand by my review a year ago, for less than three bills, this is one heck of a nice gun.

Exactly one year, about 3500 rounds, zero mods, zero malfunctions, but my opinion is the same.

I have not bought a holster for this gun and I have never carried it anywhere except for in and out of the house. While inside the house, it lives on my nightstand and I fully trust it to make any uninvited guest feel unwelcome. When I feel like poking holes in paper, this one comes out more than any of them.

The mags still rattle and it still gets on my nerves but it does not affect the gun. The shells no longer hit me in the head, so I guess that it is some kind of break in thing.

I stand by my review a year ago, for less than three bills, this is one heck of a nice gun.
Still haven't bought mine yet. I will tho for sure. 9 or .40 dont care

Back
Top Bottom