• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Want to get into reloading

Speers Manual. RCBS Rock Chucker. You tube.....

No distractions. When you are reloading, reload. Don’t watch TV, etc. pay attention. Start with .38s or similar straightwall.

don't plan on saving money reloading 9mm or 223 if you consider your time at all . I reload to have me time and to relax plus I save a good bit of money loading some of the bigger magnums in pistol and rifle

Thanks, I'll be checking these out at the local gunstore this weekend. I don't plan on reloading much mainstream ammo. I might load some hollow points in 9mm, just because they are so expensive. I mainly plan on reloading 38/357, 44 mag, and probably a large bore caliber for hog hunting, like .458 socom or something similar.

Thanks everyone for the input, I'm sure I'll have more questions after I dig into some reading.

$nipertime, I'd love to get it from you but I'm broke until taxes come in brother. Might still be broke after then, my wife is opening a store here in our town. More than likely I won't have any disposable income until Father's day or so.

Check the RCBS website, reputable source and it will give you an idea of what's involved. If you are loading for large bore and exotic rounds you will definitely save some money. If you are reloading for common rounds like 9mm and 38 Special, unless you are tuning the load to your firearm it is cheaper to buy commercial once you add the time involved.

YouTube is a great source for comparing the different makes and models and how the different presses operate (ie: single stage, turret, progressive).

Back
Top Bottom