• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Want to Learn

glockguy

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
25   0
Reaction score
I'm interested in learning to reload. I currently live in Smyrna but am buying a house in 30066 Marietta next month. I want to learn how to reload but don't know anyone to teach me..any help would be appreciated. I want to see it done before I invest in equipment.

Get a good reloading manual such as Nosler, Hornady, or Speer. Read and study, then take a big dose of caution each time you begin using your reloading equipment. Best of luck to you. It's a very satisfying to see your hand loaded rounds outperform factory ammo, although factory ammo has come a long way in the last 20 years.

manuals are good, a seasoned reloader will bring you up to speed lightyears faster.

its easier to show somebody how to throw a spiral with a football,try to explain that on paper. reloading propperly is a much more complex process

I read a couple manuals and a ton online. Some helpful YouTube videos out there and info and some garbage you just have to sort through it. Dove in on my own and have done just fine. If you don't find any takers I believe TruPrep in Marietta does reloading classes or at least they have in the past. Basic reloading isn't really complicated it just has a wonderful way of evolving as you refine your process.

The place mentioned in Marietta sounds good too, but Adventure Outdoors periodically has Hornady in to run reloading classes. I'm not very technical and it actually dissuaded me from doing it, but plenty seem to like it. Good luck.

The place mentioned in Marietta sounds good too, but Adventure Outdoors periodically has Hornady in to run reloading classes. I'm not very technical and it actually dissuaded me from doing it, but plenty seem to like it. Good luck.
I took the 2 day class at A.O. back around August or September of this year. It was awesome. I highly recommend searching A.O.'s calendar and going to those Hornady classes. You will learn a lot from that class.

Back
Top Bottom