• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Want to Learn

I bought a Nosler, Speer and Sierra manual about 10 yrs ago and read, re-read and repeated. Bought my press, dies etc. and went from there. Reloading for me is very relaxing and fun. I mainly load 9mm, 38/357 mag, 243 (for my Grandson) and 30-06. Just make sure to follow the data, cross check, take your time ( speed will come with experience and so will self confidence.) ALWAYS stay focused on what you are doing. Remember,,,,,,,, you are basically handling and building explosives. Never be unwilling to ask questions. The guys on here have a ton of knowledge and experience and are always willing to share it. You do that and you will spend a lot of time doing something you will love doing.

Firstly, know that reloading is a passion, a time consuming obsession, the investment is like any hobby, it takes time, it takes patience, and a space to devote to your reloading of ammunition. (enough area for expansion.) You will need it...

Secondly, reloading is not really about saving money. You will always find more, and more, and more, equipment to purchase to make your loads more accurate.

Thirdly, never, never, work on reloading, when you are tired, sleepy, or your patience are just frazzled. Plan your reloading so as not to ignore your family, the kids, and especially your wife. Make sure it will be a quiet time throughout the house.

Fourthly, never smoke around the area when you are reloading, remember as mentioned before you are working with explosives and they do not give you a warning, if they do it is an after fact not before and that's to late then.

Fifthly, make sure you are willing to appropriate, the money for quality products, look at the presses, look at the strengths which make them long lasting, there are presses that have the side small metal straps to help operate the ram up and down, those are weakness in the press. We do not suggest those at all.

Sixth, do not start out with progressive presses when starting, get to the point you have been loading for about (2) years after you started. Examine if you are loading enough to make that investment work for you. How much will you load for your personal use?

Now your job, is to take all of the above information from all the posts, and make yourself a pros / cons list.

GOOD LUCK, all of the above is just a suggestion to think about...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom