• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wanted: One Gunsmith Foreman

GA Firing Line

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
2   0
Reaction score
We've been looking for the right fit in our gunsmith shop.

While I'm happy to answer any questions that I can, I'm largely ignorant and will have to pass any questions along to people who know more than I do*. That may mean a slowdown in response, but I'll do my best. Here's what a copy/paste tells me!

The GA Firing Line gunsmithing department has quadrupled over the past 10 years and has shown no sign of slowing down. This was possible thanks to our amazing team of smiths that love what they do. All of our services began because one of our guys got excited about it and service by service we grew into a full-service smith shop.
We are looking for a shop foreman that can help us continue to grow our team, service list, and dealer gunsmithing program.
The Shop foreman will be responsible for:
-Job management
-Setting work schedule and delegating jobs to team members
-Follow up on completed jobs
-Training/development of team members (your goal is to work yourself out of a job and take on the next challenge)
-Completing jobs that can’t be done by other team members ranging from general repairs to machine work/custom builds.
-Be the chief problem solver
-Develop new services as opportunities arise
General scope of services we offer:
-Custom precision rifle builds (bolt action)
-Custom 1911 builds
-Glock customization (stippling, Trigger jobs, optic cuts, serrations, slide windows)
-Cerakote work, single color to full custom
-Barrel threading
-Pin and welding
-AR builds and customization
-Trigger jobs for most major manufacturers
-Revolver trigger jobs and cylinder timing
-Firearm cleanings
-Repairs of malfunctioning firearms
-Sight installs
The shop foreman will need to have a general if not intimate grasp on all the services we offer. If a candidate isn’t intimately familiar with every item, that shouldn’t stop them from submitting a resume as professional development is something we care a lot about.The GA Firing Line gunsmithing department has quadrupled over the past 10 years and has shown no sign of slowing down. This was possible thanks to our amazing team of smiths that love what they do. All of our services began because one of our guys got excited about it and service by service we grew into a full-service smith shop.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
Benefits:
  • Employee discount
  • Paid time off
  • Professional development assistance
Schedule:
  • Day shift
  • Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
  • Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
  • Marietta, GA 30066: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Application Question(s):
  • Have you threaded barrels?
  • Have you pin and welded any barrels?
  • Have you chambered a custom rifle (bolt action)?
  • Have you done work on 1911s?
  • What trigger jobs have you done?
  • Have you used a Mill? If so, what work have you done on it?
  • What areas of gunsmithing are you most passionate about?
Experience:
  • Gunsmithing (Preferred)
Shift availability:
  • Day Shift (Required)

*I mean... everyone here knows more than me

Back
Top Bottom