• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wanting to get a IT degree...

Security, security, security. Did I say security???

Look into some job certifications like CISSP and CISM, or even an auditor (CISA) which is harder. Also look into the different types of ISP certifications like ISO 27001 and the NIST Cybersecurity Framework.

Thanks for the input guys. I agree The Real World Experience beats a degree any day, but Sadly most entry-level positions I am finding require some sort of degree or previous experience to be hired that's not a unpaid internship which I'm not in a position to do.

Thanks for the input guys. I agree The Real World Experience beats a degree any day, but Sadly most entry-level positions I am finding require some sort of degree or previous experience to be hired that's not a unpaid internship which I'm not in a position to do.

Certs are worth more than degrees in IT. Cisco certs are relatively cheap and will get you in the door. The hard part is self motivation to study for and pass certs.

What line of work are you in now? I need an entry level it guy.

Back
Top Bottom