• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wanting to suppress an MP-5

renault314

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
27   0
Reaction score
Right now I have an MP5A2 clone with a 16 inch barrel.

my question is, What is the best way to suppress this?

I don't want to simply have the barrel threaded and screw a can onto the end, that would make it excessively long and unwieldy.

Is it better to 1)chop the barrel, SBR it and buy a detachable can with two tax stamps,
2) chop the barrel but weld/pin a can that can be disassembled/cleaned for just one tax stamp
3) pay for a pro to do an SD mod and still have two tax stamps......
4) what option am i missing?

Whats the cheapest?

Whatever you do, don't cheap out. Cut and thread and 3 lug it, but I don't think that's as easy with the long barrel MP5 clones.

Pretty sure Bypass Bypass went through this.

I also agree with selling and getting a pistol set up.

Whatever you do, don't cheap out. Cut and thread and 3 lug it, but I don't think that's as easy with the long barrel MP5 clones.

Pretty sure Bypass Bypass went through this.

I also agree with selling and getting a pistol set up.
Yeah I had a true HK 16 inch MP5 and nobody would touch it. It would be cheaper to buy a pistol with the barrel you want and sbr it.

A barrel swap in an mp5 usually runs 500-750 depending on who does it and what barrel they use. Its definitely not something to cheap out on. I only trust two people to do it. Parabellum Combat and Buhler Ballistics

A barrel swap in an mp5 usually runs 500-750 depending on who does it and what barrel they use. Its definitely not something to cheap out on. I only trust two people to do it. Parabellum Combat and Buhler Ballistics

+1 on Buhler. I want to send Taylor my Evo to rethread when I get the coin. Guy knows his stuff.

Dumb question....Can you thread an MP5 barrel without removing it?

I know the barrels are pressed in and not every smith can build a clone. I have a HK-94 that I SBR'd. I purchased an Urbach 3 Lug and had it installed along with a paddle mag release after I had my form 1 approved. If I were to do it again, I would probably just buy one of the new pistols that already have a 3 lug installed. I am assuming you don't have a sear pack, so no worries about fitting in a sear ready pack or full-auto carrier. Some of the after market clone manufacturers build in impediments preventing certain full auto parts, which make the use of a sear pack hard without some mods to the gun.

PTR has released new MP5 pistols. Some of the newer braces are pretty slick. I got a hell of a deal on an SP89 recently, and want to get a 3 lug installed on it. I purchased an HK-94 Barrel and will have it cut, threaded and a 3 lug installed.

Back
Top Bottom