• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Warped wheel fixing

docin2004

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
89   0
Reaction score
Anybody got somebody good to recommend to fix a bend on the inner rim of a car wheel? We hit a pothole a while back in my wife’s E400 and knew we warped the front wheel and someone fixed it enough so it doesn’t leak but not perfectly. Just discovered the back wheel is also bent and hoping y’all can point me in a good direction for someone in Marietta or kennesaw. Thanks in advance

Have you called Metro Wheels? I have a customer in Jacksonville called Wheel Innovations that can make them look like factory, if you’re up to shipping the one.

And you would be wrong, much like your midget hooker addiction......

However, it may not be cheap, like your half size obsession

I disagree with you on this alloy wheels are not meant to be repaired if they are bent. If it's steel fix it if it's alloy get a new one. If you hit an alloy wheel hard enough to bend it you're putting stress cracks in it. You may not see them the naked eye, but with a dye test the cracks will show up. Once an alloy wheel has stress cracks and it is no longer safe to use the Integrity of it has been compromised. There is a reason why car manufacturers do not recommend repairing alloy wheels unless it is just cosmetic, and this is one time the reason is not for them to make more money it is for your safety.

I disagree with you on this alloy wheels are not meant to be repaired if they are bent. If it's steel fix it if it's alloy get a new one. If you hit an alloy wheel hard enough to bend it you're putting stress cracks in it. You may not see them the naked eye, but with a dye test the cracks will show up. Once an alloy wheel has stress cracks and it is no longer safe to use the Integrity of it has been compromised. There is a reason why car manufacturers do not recommend repairing alloy wheels unless it is just cosmetic, and this is one time the reason is not for them to make more money it is for your safety.

I’ve seen this guy in Jacksonville take on some pretty messed up wheels, for VERY expensive cars. I originally thought like you about aluminum repairs, but the things I have seen repaired are pretty amazing. I’ve spent a lot of hours in OEM wheel plants, admittedly on the finish side, not the foundry. The wheels WI put out repaired are top notch.

I’ve seen this guy in Jacksonville take on some pretty messed up wheels, for VERY expensive cars. I originally thought like you about aluminum repairs, but the things I have seen repaired are pretty amazing. I’ve spent a lot of hours in OEM wheel plants, admittedly on the finish side, not the foundry. The wheels WI put out repaired are top notch.

Not even the insurance companies will repair a bent alloy wheel due to safety concerns, and they cut every corner possible. Same goes for vehicles with aluminum or magnesium structure replace do not repair.

Try Keystone Automotive

Last number i have for them : 770-363-8250

They are down around Fulton Industrial, a LARGE crash parts distributor....OEM parts, aftermarket, refurbished, wheel , etc.,

Call them up....check it out. I have not dealt with them in 10+yr....but they are big time.

Reactions: MRM
And you would be wrong, much like your midget hooker addiction......

However, it may not be cheap, like your half size obsession
So wrong it's right. Nah man, ain't no way. I mean on a High end car, yea maybe. But any normal car it ain't worth the money to fix a wheel, you can get a new replica from a body shop or a used one. Which the brotha on the corner may do it for tree fiddy

Back
Top Bottom