• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Was....Made in U.S.A

Does anybody else have trouble finding things that are Made in U.S.A?

I usually try to buy things made here, even if it costs a little more. It's just getting harder and harder to do. I did find a few of the items below that were made here - but I had to search and of course pay more. Here is a list of some of the place of origin I have seen before:

Eye drops made in Israel or South Korea
Toothbrushes made in China or Switzerland
Paper plates made in China
Blue Jeans made in Lesotho
Sheets made in India
Patio furniture from China
Many hand tools are from China
Bandages made in China or India
Snack crackers made in Vietnam (parents bought them at the dollar store)
Stud/Electrical wiring finder made in China
Tape Measures made in China
Anything electronics made in China, Japan or Malaysia
Walking shoes made in China
Light bulbs made in Mexico
Rugs made in India, Pakistan or China
Some snacks & crackers made in Mexico
Cars from around the world are sold here.
on and on........

This is a terrible direction for us to be headed in... :frown:

Can it be changed? I don't think it will, as so many companies see an opportunity to make more $$$ by outsourcing. Don't mind buying goods from a country that is an ally or at least friendly to us. But so much comes from China and they are certainly not an ally - we are funding their military upgrades and other domination efforts around the world.
I think we lead the world in high tech and programming. Where the big money is at, but I see the point. We could do much of this our selves if not for laziness and minimum wage laws.

99% of Amercuns would squeal like stuck pigs if they had to pay the price required to buy most consumer packaged (and most durable goods) if they were manufactured in 'Murica.

Exactly right! No one (few) will put their money where their mouth is relative to buying USA

Sliding into '' One World Order'', ''One World Government''. Can be slowed but can't be stopped. Read God's word if you want to know how it all unfolds and ends.
Come Lord Jesus, come.

Exactly right! No one (few) will put their money where their mouth is relative to buying USA
How can they? The reality of inflation would be overwhelming were it not for cheap imported goods. Wages have remained flat for decades and cheap imports have offset this fact to some extent.
I have been in the same line of work for over 38 years. Guys who are skilled today average $25.00 to $35.00 an hour. When I changed to a management role in 1997 I was making $30.00 hr. Back then the labor charge to the customer was $65.oo an hour today it is $128.00 on average. The point is wages have not kept pace with inflation and cheap imported products help to ease that fact. Not saying I like it, to the contrary it sucks. It does however enable our adventurism abroad.

Companies must be profitable many components, wages, productivity, regulation, benefits materials etc.

In order to pay more you must be able to pass that cost to the consumer.

Companies must be profitable many components, wages, productivity, regulation, benefits materials etc.

In order to pay more you must be able to pass that cost to the consumer.
Exactly my point sir. Rising costs are a direct result of inflation i.e. the expansion of the monetary base or debt.

Some of the most traditional American made items are now made in China. Schrade cutlery (Old Timer, Uncle Henry) are made in China. It's ridiculous. Some classic American knives are still American made like Case, Kabar, most Buck knives are still made here, some Kershaw, some Gerber, etc...But most of them have a cheaper Chinese line as well, and yes, there is absolutely a difference in quality. The difference in a Chinese vs American Buck or Kershaw is like night and day.

Even Fender guitars has started a Chinese line. They have had Japan and Mexico factories for years, but now they have China made instruments too.

Contrary to what some want to believe, not all Chinese products are bad. Some are actually very good. Still, I do not wish to support those communists. China is not our ally. Far from it.
Unless you get something like Kizer, the materials aren't even the same. So yeah, big difference. Really like my Kershaws. Unfortunately, W.R. Case isn't what it used to be.

Some of the Chinese instrument are getting better. There are some companies making instruments there with better materials and QC, without all the cosmetics so you have a good sounding/playing instrument that costs less.

Back
Top Bottom