• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Was....Made in U.S.A

The fact that all of our stuff comes from China is a good insurance policy against another world war. Our economies are codependent and nobody wants to lose money by fighting each other

Quoted for truth.

They are trying to build up their own middle class so they can become independent of us but that's going to take some time.

Mattresses are generally still made in the USA.

And most of the boxes your Amazon packages are shipped in are also American made.

Most, not all, firearms are American made.

Sad thing is, I remember the old Sam Walton commercials when WalMart was first growing and they were all about having that made in America label...oh well.

If you pay attention to current events one of the reasons Trump put all the trade tariffs on china was because they keep stealing Intellectual property and mass producing it at a rate that America cant compete. Our labor is not competitive with the countries you listed

[/QUOTE]Can it be changed? I don't think it will, as so many companies see an opportunity to make more $$$ by outsourcing. Don't mind buying goods from a country that is an ally or at least friendly to us. But so much comes from China and they are certainly not an ally [/QUOTE]

Mods, please move this to stupid stuff or rants. I dont know how to begin to respond.
1) Economically, China is your economic ally. China provide goods to US consumers so that your cost of living stays low. They consume soy beans that your farmers grow. When was the last time you drank soy milk or ate edamame?
2) Americans love Walmart. You want something made in the US? Don't look there nor shop there. You wont find it. But they love Walmart because it's cheaper and helps with their wallet.
3) Americans tried buying cars made in America. Those Pintos and Mavericks didn't do so well.
4) There is nothing wrong with China building up their military. Just as there is nothing wrong with every American wanting to not have their 2nd Amendments trampled on. Everyone should have the right to bear arms. That doesn't exclude China.

You want something made in America? Here are some really good ones that come to mind.
1) Cigarettes
2) Condoms
3) Pharma

Hard goods are easily recognizable as made in the US vs China. What gets me is the food that quietly bypasses everyone's radar. Check your generic apple juice/applesauce next time you are in the grocery store. Made in China from apples irrigated by nasty industrial contaminated water.

My wife bought some ethnic canned food (supposedly one would assume it came from the Aegean area), but in little freaking tiny lettering...Product of China. Into the trash it went.

Back
Top Bottom