Was thinking about a non-resident South Carolina Concealed Permit

z.chance

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
93   0
Reaction score
and after reading this site

http://www.sled.sc.gov/SCStateGunLaws1.aspx?MenuID=CWP

It seems like quite a process to get it. Must submit a vision check, proof of real estate ownership, and take an 8+hour training course..?

My parents own a house in North Myrtle, and I have found myself in not "optimal" situations before, especially around Atlantic Beach (Google it.)

But man does SC seem very strict on weapons. Things like walking into someones house with a concealed weapon without them knowing gets you no less than a $1000 fine and up to 1 yr in prison.

So has anyone actually been through the process? How was it?

South Carolina has legislature in the works that will allow GFL (GA Firearms License) holders to reciprocate in South Carolina. The info should be on GeorgiaCarry.org

get a florida non -res ...more recip states

X2 I have the paperwork sitting on my dining room table now is pretty simple espeially if you are LE or military

I live between GA & SC and own property in both states. Need to get my SC permit but I've been dragging my feet hoping they'll change the laws. Lots of stuff pending but SC also has some very strange politicians...

SC is strange,period.I know.I have relatives there.I call it "California of the east".The state doesn`t reciprocate on any licenses that I have been involved with,occupation-wise.Very restrictive.I never would work there on account of this.Used to be,if you were a non-resident and got a traffic ticket,you paid the officer on the spot unless you wanted to contest it.That`s changed,I think.

Back
Top Bottom