• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Washing Hunting Clothes?

What kind of detergent do you use?

• Any kind of detergent

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • A specialty detergent (respond in thread)

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

Piglatinhater

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
82   3
Reaction score
For all you experienced hunters, how/what do you use to wash your clothes? I opened my hunting bin and was hit with a strong mildew smell. I guess it's time to do a mega wash. What is your routine for washing your hunting clothes?

I just use a free and clear detergent but I store all of my hunting clothes in a trashbag and bin with a couple of those scent discs. I like the fresh earth ones for that.

Cabelas and the other outdoor industries have convinced the hunting world that today you need an $800 wardrobe, special soap to wash them in, a $9,000 ATV to ride the horrendous 1/4mile to get to your stand, a $600 Yeti cooler to keep drinks cold for the whole morning (gotta be home to watch the game) and atleast a 300 Win Mag (every shot in GA is a minimum of 300 yds.) in order to go hunting.

My Granddad, my Dad and myself have hunted deer successfully without any of this and most of the time we wore jeans and a flannel shirt and used Tide laundry detergent since most of our hunting was done after we got off of work.

baking soda and line dry.OH yeah line dry.(You have to hang a string between 2 objects and hang the clothes on the string)
It does? I thought that line dry meant to throw it over some power lines like sneakers. Learnt somthin new.

tennisshoes_powerline.jpg

baking soda and line dry.OH yeah line dry.(You have to hang a string between 2 objects and hang the clothes on the string)
I wash in baking soda and put more bakning soda in the dryer. I also sprinkle baking soda in the duffle bag I keep them in. I have had does walk under my stand and not notice my so I figure it works ok.

Honestly, I would use straight baking soda for all of my clothes but my wife likes the scented stuff.

Back
Top Bottom