• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WASR, NPAP, other AKs

I hardly ever see anything about Hungarian AK's. Are they any good or where do the stand on the pecking order? Just curious. The SA85M is one I have had hands on.

HDD
They are very nice from what I understand.

Surprisingly, Century has actually done a pretty decent job building up AK63DS kits, which are in the $550 price range. All the important internal stuff is Hungarian. The only question mark is the barrel, but I haven't seen anyone reporting issues.

21D971B6-9506-46FA-B1C6-10E03A922689.jpeg

"Buy an arsenal" and get a off center barrel. This is on a 107

View attachment 1511059
Wow that's freakin ugly. Stuff like that drives me nuts which is why I like to put my hands on a gun before purchasing. Been burned before. My main concern I guess would be a canted front sight and/or off center sight post between the ears cause I'd have to look at that all the time

Wow that's freakin ugly. Stuff like that drives me nuts which is why I like to put my hands on a gun before purchasing. Been burned before. My main concern I guess would be a canted front sight and/or off center sight post between the ears cause I'd have to look at that all the time
Front post will almost always be off center from the ears when you zero. 9/10 it’s a drift sight so as long as the windage drum isn’t recessed into the FSP it’s still in spec. If this bothers you, and I’ve met plenty of people who it does it is strictly aesthetic but the best way to achieve a perfectly centered front sight post (not canted front sight base) is to purchase an adjustable RPK rear sight.

Drift your front post to center then make windage adjustments during zero with your adjustable rear sight. It’s an acceptable work around

Back
Top Bottom