• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Watch your credit score

If you have a credit history, you were affected. Would anyone really trust a lying and incompetent credit reporting agency if they told you otherwise? :confused2:

My wife and I are supposedly impacted. This just makes me not care anymore. Why try to hide information at this point? For the rest of my life my information will be out there. The second I unfreeze my credit should I need to, someone will swoop in and apply for credit in my name. Equifax will not survive the multiple class action suits.

If anything, this needs to kick the government and others in the butt to get a better identity system than the SSN.

Agree 100% this has to be when we change the way the system works. This hack single-handedly breaks the model of using a SSN as a person's unique, 'secret' identifier.

My wife and I are supposedly impacted. This just makes me not care anymore. Why try to hide information at this point? For the rest of my life my information will be out there. The second I unfreeze my credit should I need to, someone will swoop in and apply for credit in my name. Equifax will not survive the multiple class action suits.

If anything, this needs to kick the government and others in the butt to get a better identity system than the SSN.
They'll come up with a better system. Its called a chip in you. And while it will work to protect your identity, I will not be partaking.

Agree 100% this has to be when we change the way the system works. This hack single-handedly breaks the model of using a SSN as a person's unique, 'secret' identifier.

before the age of computers being linked together with every piece of information about you the social security number was more secure. I don't understand why they'd keep the ssn your medicare number and various other important cards, every hospital you go to has your social security number pretty much and they hire the cheapest tech security they can

before the age of computers being linked together with every piece of information about you the social security number was more secure. I don't understand why they'd keep the ssn your medicare number and various other important cards, every hospital you go to has your social security number pretty much and they hire the cheapest tech security they can

And remember when our drivers license number was the SS number. I even had mine printed on my checks since they always asked for it. Times have changed.

Back
Top Bottom