• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Watching "The Thin Red Line" About Guadalcanal On Amazon And Looks Good

I am really liking this movie and hope to watch it all, maybe not tonight but may have to finish it tomorrow. I remember checking a library out in the 4th or fifth grade named "Guadalcanal".
It was good from what I rememeber. Thank God Almighty for the American Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen.
My Dad was an instructor in The Army Air Corp.

Here's another one for your viewing consideration.

Couldn't find it for several years but today managed
to locate it under different title on U-toob.
Previously knew it as "Sergeant Ryker" stars Lee Marvin.
Today it came up as "The Case Against Paul Ryker" a Kraft
Suspense Theatre production from 1963.

It's a very good war movie. Paced differently than many war movies, and its depiction of war is a little different, too. Absolutely star studded cast, very good actors.

There's a scene between Nick Nolte, as the battalion commander, and John Cusack, one of the company commanders: After a successful assault on a dangerous hill, the commander wants to keep pushing, when his men are literally falling over from dehydration because there's no water. The captain knows the commander is pressing hard for the wrong reasons: Passed over one too many times, trying to make his mark and attain glory. The dialogue is awesome, and I think the scene is a high water mark for both actors' careers, which is no small thing, because they have both been in a lot of great roles.

It's one of those movies I have a hard time not watching again when it's on.

Back
Top Bottom