• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Water filters for survival

Porter Rockwell

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
93   0
Reaction score
Looking for some recommendations for a hand pump water filter that can be used in emergency situations to filter water from lakes, rivers, creeks, streams. May also be used for camping. But most probably it will sit on a shelf unused for years unless needed in an emergency?

I have one of these and I love it. I filter tap water through it and it comes out tasting like Dasani. I suggest buying at least one extra filter though.

Yes ........ ! Designed to meet Swiss Standards, Microfiltration though a 0.2-micron ceramic filter element
Mine is 23oz 10" long 2"dia .... You can clean the ceramic filter hundreds of times before the need to replace it.
will handle freezing low temperature' by pumping unit till only air comes out. 'Dampness is not a freezing hazard'
cons: sea water and brackish water cannot be made potable though ceramic filters.

Yes ........ ! Designed to meet Swiss Standards, Microfiltration though a 0.2-micron ceramic filter element
Mine is 23oz 10" long 2"dia .... You can clean the ceramic filter hundreds of times before the need to replace it.
will handle freezing low temperature' by pumping unit till only air comes out. 'Dampness is not a freezing hazard'
cons: sea water and brackish water cannot be made potable though ceramic filters.
Wow good info

Wow good info
For a water filter system, Ceramic is the way to go ....... most filter cartridges once activated will not and cannot be stored long and be used again due to bacteria growth, not a problem with ceramic ..... take a minute and look them up ....... best bang for the buck

Back
Top Bottom