• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Water filters for survival

Both the Sawyer and Katadyn are good products.

If you are looking to use something regularly for years, the Katadyn is the one to go with. If this is for light/emergency use only, the Sawyer probably makes more sense.

If you are looking for a home system I can't recomend the Berkey's enough.

Everyone loves a project right?

I like Katadyn too. I also have a first needs plus that was one of the first ceramic out there if I'm not mistaken. Still going strong. I have Katadyn as well. And lifestraws. The one I keep going back to for ease of use and expense is the sawyer. I've randomly collected over 30 of them and just keep stashing them in different spots. I live in GA so I don't worry about them freezing. If that freezes my water will too. And if it's that cold I can always stick it in my pack wrapped in clothing. I always have a back up way to boil my water as well.

General ecology 322200 First need. This filtration system is in a class of its own ! Read up on it if you are truly concerned about water quality.

Everyone loves a project right?

Late to the party, but I build a similar project with 2-5 gallon, food grade buckets and 2 ceramic filters. Slow drip, but works great.

Back
Top Bottom